Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to keep the emissions(DPF) on my truck because of all the traveling I do and all the different State laws and because of the ureatha tank. I talked to MBRP and they say there DPF back system removes the muffler and banks looks like it does the same! I was wounder what thoughts where on either one! Is it worth my time?

Also I'm looking for a programmer! I don't want an extreme one! Just one for turbo lag and a nice safe HP an TQ boost! Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
waste of money unless you really just can't stand to look at the stock setup

·
Registered
51 Posts
From what I've seen neither of them take out the muffler on the 2011. I just ordered a mbrp dpf back for the 2011 and they sent me one for the 07-10 and it is not the same , so I am waiting for the right one to get here

·
Registered
167 Posts
2011 lml does not have a muffler what you are talking about that looks like the muffler is the dpf and the dpf back systems do not remove the dpf the only replace the stock pipe post dpf and change the tip no performance gains but great looks change i have the looks. i have the Gibson and i love it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What about a programmer? I'm not looking for crazy put your trans in limp mode stuff just to help with turbo lag and a little more HP and TQ!

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Removing mufflers on lmm's don't do jack with the dpf and cat still in place. The sound doesn't change. Idk much about the lml's

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
What about a programmer? I'm not looking for crazy put your trans in limp mode stuff just to help with turbo lag and a little more HP and TQ!
Well considering you have a LML your choices are limited... I have heard good things about h&s and then there is the edge series... Both allow on the fly tuning along with built in gauges... Both also let you delete your DPF, I believe. I don't know a ton about the LML's but I know there are multiple tuner threads on here

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app...

·
Registered
113 Posts
:Dno on the fly tuning with my h&s you have to stop, lol for a while!!! but it was worth it. the hp gain, and mileage gain were worth it, not to mention the unbelievable sound you get when you couple it with the flo pro 5"

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
what's the mpg gains you guys are seeing with the H&S and the straight pipe?? they knock down some dang impressive mpg's stock

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have a lml with 8,000 miles. MBRP 5 inch and H&S. I average 19 almost every fill up. 70hwy 25cty and 5 trying to push the skinny peddle through the floor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
But you are impressed with the overpriced banks stuff?

I don't know why you're worried about traveling with your truck, unless it's got commercial tags all you need to be worrying about is your own states emissions laws and your warranty. I personally wouldn't put any tune on a truck with the DPF intact, as all they seem to do is push you to regen faster.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
53 Posts
Agreed stay away from tuners if you are keeping the dpf, you are asking for a pita. From what I hear the h&s boxes run HOT and who knows when efi live will have support for these things. Don't bother with banks their tuning is garbage imo

Sent from my Zio using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
214 Posts
I ran my H&S for about 2 days with dpf still on. I tow about 14,000 all day everyday. My truck would regen 7 times on a full tank which was about 200 miles. On that load I was getting 6mpg then I found a shop that had the MBRP in stock so I put it on mid load and got a little over 9mpg with same load same conditions.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I ran my H&S for about 2 days with dpf still on. I tow about 14,000 all day everyday. My truck would regen 7 times on a full tank which was about 200 miles. On that load I was getting 6mpg then I found a shop that had the MBRP in stock so I put it on mid load and got a little over 9mpg with same load same conditions.
So does this mean you are happy with that? 7 times sounds like a lot...

Sent from my Zio using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm happy the dpf is where it belongs. In the garage. My truck is doing so much better on fuel. This load I have now is 11,000 but not very tall and I'm getting 12.7 last fill up running 75-85 in a hilly area.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts