Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here! Just bought a 2018 Sierra Denali about a month ago. I've been looking at the Banks Ram Air Intake. Does anyone know if it really makes a better sound, increased turbo whistle, or actually increases HP? The truck is completely stock, and this would be the first upgrade. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Just my .02 cents, but i wouldn't count on hearing a better sound and increased turbo whistle. Your best bet to hear that whistle and better sound is to remove the potato cannon you got under the truck. You may have slighter higher MPG's (1 MPG maybe 2). If you plan on deleting it one day i would go ahead and get one, but if not I'd be hesitant to drop $400 on the intake.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
No difference in sound. I installed Banks Ram Air Intake, Boost Tube Kit, Monster Exhaust, and a Super Gauge. I would consider a Banks Derringer Tuner with Data Monster. I can't recall any negative reviews. Search the forum. Good luck with the new ride.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So it sounds like the best move is to just wait awhile before I do anything. No need to buy just an intake, or just an exhaust. I'll wait another year or so. Maybe by that time there will be more options, and prices may come down a little. Thanks for all of the info.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Banks derringer if you want power gains....

Not going to gain much other than a lighter wallet for the CAI and exhaust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts