Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well whats everybody think about Banks, not many people online talk about there products i have a 2002 dmax with there 6-gun and PDA and love it but i did not have much exposure to other duramax tuning options. All the dushbags around here have Psd and cummins!!!

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Banks Is mild expensive tuning compared to something like a diablo predator, and edge hot juice, and especialy a ppe hot et tuner. But you stock trans is at its limits with a banks. THe other stuff will run better but will kill your trans quicker!

Also the is custom tuning from EfI Live either by your self or from some efi support shops. Various Diesel shops sell custom programed ecm's as well to any power level you want with great driveability!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the banks stinger kit on my 01 and it performs well mild but good tows great. What most do not know is that compaired to fords the duramax kicks but. my mechanic buddy said my truck performed better stock than a ford with 9k worth of upgrades. I had the oportunity to use a ford equivelant to my truck to tow with and it did the job but do not get in a hurry and the trans made some very uguly noises when it was pushed. I have had some minor problems with it but overall it has been a great truck. I am considering upgrading to the banks 6gun tuner. I have a friend who went through the hastle of using a HPtuner on his avalanch after he put a supercharger on it and I really do not have the time to go through that kind of tuning, but his hp tuner did work well to adjust my system to the 285 tires I currently using which did make a considerabl difference all in itself. U guys who have upgraded your tires without changing the settings in the truck are having many problems you do not even know about.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I am considering upgrading to the banks 6gun tuner. I have a friend who went through the hastle of using a HPtuner on his avalanch after he put a supercharger on it and I really do not have the time to go through that kind of tuning, but his hp tuner did work well to adjust my system to the 285 tires I currently using which did make a considerabl difference all in itself.
your tuning wouldn't be as involved as his avalanche. actually it would be 10 times easier. like with an edge juice you can alter for throttle response and shift defueling while still having on the fly adjustability.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well thanks for every bodys thoughts, I had the truck at the dyno and it made 428hp and 738 tq this sounds like alot, but my base lines were 248 and 429 all day long so even if a dyno is just a comparision I guess them kind of numbers with all the added benifits and saftey features that banks has to offer 900.00 dollars is more than mild expensive tuning!!!! Buy the way were not driving these trucks to be cheap so forget about MPG!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Banks has good tuning. But it is over priced. You can have 500+hp plus and 1000+tq for $200 less. Banks will still hurt your trans. It will defuel when it senses slip. By then damage has already been done. Do that too many times and your calling Suncoast or ATS. That is very pricey.

Your torque is about 100ftlbs low for your hp. So either your trans is hating or they start fueling late. Personally I do not care for all that extra stuff in cab. You would never guess my truck runs like it does till all you see is tailgate and smoke!:gearjamin

By the way your milage should not suffer from increased HP. Tires on the other hand that is a different story!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts