Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well today my truck wasnt cranking very good then later on in the day it just died right after start up so I had the batteries tested and they where bad as I figured...so as usual I go around the net looking...Soo I just found and bought two optima red tops 800cca for $50 each new never been hooked up:rockin

·
Registered
506 Posts
Thats a damn good price.....but they are overrated!!!! Dont let them get to low cause they are next to impossible to recharge!!!

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol I know I have 5 already in wheelin rigs cause the almost nothing else will hold up to our abuse but mostly yellow tops for running lights and winches etc. without the motor running...they are overated but $50 cant beat that price for almost any battery

·
Registered
506 Posts
lol I know I have 5 already in wheelin rigs cause the almost nothing else will hold up to our abuse but mostly yellow tops for running lights and winches etc. without the motor running...they are overated but $50 cant beat that price for almost any battery
Ya...for that price you gotta get them.....i have been lucky, still runnin factory batts!!!!!:rockin

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah its been 2 years last truck factory lasted over 4 IDK i think they just have a mind of their own...I though there had been somthing up cause they were not charging right or were charging too much but the alternator test was fine

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
maybe its those fancy LMM batteries cause mine barely crank over the motor on cold mornings(30 is cold here)

The only thing keeping me from getting new batteries is the price of 2 red tops

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts