Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I been eye balling these little battery ratchets like the snap-on and Milwaukee brands, I know snap on is really proud of theirs, my son says the Milwaukee are pretty handy. I have air tools just looking for something not as bulky in tight spots. Anyone use one?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have Milwaukee's at work and use them daily for aircraft maintenance. No issues at all with them. If I didn't have so much invested in air tools at home, I would have them at home too.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
I have the Milwaukee m12, 3/8 it came with a 1/4 adapter. Use it almost everyday. Also have a rigid one. Definitely go with Milwaukee

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was surprised DeWalt didn't have one out yet, but sure they will soon. My son was saying the Milwaukee tools in his opinion were better than his Dewalt one's. He's slowly moving to all Milwaukee. I use so much battery stuff I barely even run my compressor except to air up tires. So now i'll wait and catch one of the ratchets on sale and buy one, or at least get a 20% off coupon lol.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
I have alot of dewalt and even kobalt stuff that i still use. Definitely wouldnt shy away from them.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am all Milwaukee as far as cordless tools go. Both at work and home.

However, their ratchets are the exception. I bought the 3/8 fuel ratchet to replace my matco 3/8 and I was underwhelmed. Was slower, and didnt seem to have the power it claims. I took a demo unit of the snapon 3/8 for a week off my snapon rep and before the next week I had him order me the standard one, long neck and the 1/4" standard.

They are faster, smaller, and seemed to have more power than the Milwaukee. I have no doubt the Milwaukee probably has the stronger head, but it is so darn big that it doesnt fit as many places as my snapon does

Price also blows on the snapon since they are expensive as are the batteries, but the speed and size make up for it for my needs at work.

I brought the Milwaukee home

·
Premium Member
2006 LBZ CCSB Leveled, Hypertech Programmer, 2008 LMM WT, 2008 Gasser WT
207 Posts

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,265 Posts
Hate hand talkers....never made it to 4 mins.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
So I been eye balling these little battery ratchets like the snap-on and Milwaukee brands, I know snap on is really proud of theirs, my son says the Milwaukee are pretty handy. I have air tools just looking for something not as bulky in tight spots. Anyone use one?
I have the Milwaukee 1/4" and its a nice tool. I dont use it every day, but its never let me down. I own lots of snapon tools... more than i should, and i would buy the Milwaukee over the snapon due to the battery contact construction on the snapon. Something about exposed circuit boards and professional grade tools just dont go together for me. Functionally nothing wrong with the snapon, but your paying a lot for the name on the battery powered stuff and dont really get any better build quality over the big name brand electric tools. Now if your using it every day... that 5-7 year or whatever it is warranty might be useful to you, but if its for home use, save the money of $napon.

I have alot of dewalt and even kobalt stuff that i still use. Definitely wouldnt shy away from them.
same, dewalt with only a couple exceptions makes great tools as well. Basically anything from Dewalt, Makita, or Milwaukee is probably going to be a good tool for a fair price. Just buy whatever you already have batteries and chargers for.

If red offers the tool just buy it from them.

Red - $

or

Red - $$$

I am all Milwaukee as far as cordless tools go. Both at work and home.

However, their ratchets are the exception. I bought the 3/8 fuel ratchet to replace my matco 3/8 and I was underwhelmed. Was slower, and didnt seem to have the power it claims. I took a demo unit of the snapon 3/8 for a week off my snapon rep and before the next week I had him order me the standard one, long neck and the 1/4" standard.

They are faster, smaller, and seemed to have more power than the Milwaukee. I have no doubt the Milwaukee probably has the stronger head, but it is so darn big that it doesnt fit as many places as my snapon does

Price also blows on the snapon since they are expensive as are the batteries, but the speed and size make up for it for my needs at work.

I brought the Milwaukee home
Thats valid. Ive used the snapon cordless and it is faster and a little smaller, but at a significantly higher price, so for yoru application where your using them for a living, that makes sense, but unless your using that tool a LOT, its unlikely to return the extra investment.

for me it comes down to this. A 100$ tool from dewalt or one of the other big store names, is probably value wise, twice a 50$ tool from horrible freight, and i can and do support making that investment. But the difference between a almost 500$ tool, and its 100$ box store counterpart is not 5 times the tool. Id argue its not even 2 times the tool.

You beat me to it. I was looking these up when i saw your post.

Hating AvE? this forum needs a dislike button >:)

I mean how does uncle bunblefucks Canadian charm not win you over?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yeah in my case, I use my 3/8" cordless ratchet probably the second most of any tool I own. First most used is my Milwaukee fuel 3/8 impact (m18 version). Definitely get my money's worth out of them, and need them to be as efficient as possible.

Especially now that they have dropped SRT times for warranty, seconds count Haha.

Should add though, I would not buy the snapon for home use. It doesnt make me money at home and time often isnt an issue. It's far too pricey for a home use tool.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea, I have a lot of DeWalt stuff 1/2 impacts the big one and smaller, small drill 3/8 impact have the old batteries and the 20V ones. Adapters for batteries i have lots of batteries so I buy dewalts for that reason. I really want to think you folks for real input, Im not going to rush out and buy one tonight but when there's a a sale I will for sure.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I have the Milwaukee 1/4" and its a nice tool. I dont use it every day, but its never let me down. I own lots of snapon tools... more than i should, and i would buy the Milwaukee over the snapon due to the battery contact construction on the snapon. Something about exposed circuit boards and professional grade tools just dont go together for me. Functionally nothing wrong with the snapon, but your paying a lot for the name on the battery powered stuff and dont really get any better build quality over the big name brand electric tools. Now if your using it every day... that 5-7 year or whatever it is warranty might be useful to you, but if its for home use, save the money of $napon.

same, dewalt with only a couple exceptions makes great tools as well. Basically anything from Dewalt, Makita, or Milwaukee is probably going to be a good tool for a fair price. Just buy whatever you already have batteries and chargers for.

Red - $

or

Red - $$$

Thats valid. Ive used the snapon cordless and it is faster and a little smaller, but at a significantly higher price, so for yoru application where your using them for a living, that makes sense, but unless your using that tool a LOT, its unlikely to return the extra investment.

for me it comes down to this. A 100$ tool from dewalt or one of the other big store names, is probably value wise, twice a 50$ tool from horrible freight, and i can and do support making that investment. But the difference between a almost 500$ tool, and its 100$ box store counterpart is not 5 times the tool. Id argue its not even 2 times the tool.

You beat me to it. I was looking these up when i saw your post.

Hating AvE? this forum needs a dislike button >:)

I mean how does uncle bunblefucks Canadian charm not win you over?
Im a Milwaukee guy for the batteries. Snap on battery tools don’t do anything for me.

Yea, I have a lot of DeWalt stuff 1/2 impacts the big one and smaller, small drill 3/8 impact have the old batteries and the 20V ones. Adapters for batteries i have lots of batteries so I buy dewalts for that reason. I really want to think you folks for real input, Im not going to rush out and buy one tonight but when there's a a sale I will for sure.
Watch eBay and Home Depot for deals.

·
Premium Member
2006 LBZ CCSB Leveled, Hypertech Programmer, 2008 LMM WT, 2008 Gasser WT
207 Posts
He grows on you haha:

I didn't like him at first either, his gibberish put me off but I got used to it. If you're not used to him, he sounds like an idiot but he's VERY smart. He doesn't say what he does but he's obviously some sort of engineer in the mining industry.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'd love a bio on him!
He isn't on camera, so the hand motions are "part of it".

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,265 Posts
Just like......
Never trust a Skinny Cook.
Too much Manicure and no Calluses. :teehee

1 - 17 of 17 Posts