Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a breaker or relay of some sorts between the batteries and the main system?

I left my truck for a few days and I think my satellite radio drained both batteries.

I tried to jump the truck and in doing so I grounded out the positive terminal on one battery; nothing serious just a couple of sparks but I think it popped a relay or something.

Now when I hook up cables to try and jump the truck I have no power to the truck.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I initially tried the junction box to jump the truck and the starter relay would just click and not turn over. I then tried to just hook up to one of the batteries and that is when I grounded the positive side of the battery. Like I mentioned it was nothing major but something popped.

I checked all the fuses both under the hood and under the dash. I checked them all with a test light and they were all OK. Even with power to all the fuses I still had no power to anything else....no lights, ignition, horn, power locks etc....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information.

If the batteries are fried should I still be able to start the truck via a jump or will I have to get new batteries in it first?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts