·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This sounds like a pretty good way to lower some EGT's. That thing is pretty pinched. I'd like to see one on a truck to see how it fits first though.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keep me up to date, I'm really curious to see how it does.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I have read that it is pretty good. That is the next thing on my list too so I can have a pyro on that side too. Many people on other forums have done it and had no issues. I believe the manifold gasket can be reused, but most guys recommend that you get a new one so you don't have to reaccomplish the work at a later time if you can't get it to seal right.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Pretty much whats posted. No clearance issues that I am aware of and I hear its not a difficult install. Should knock your egts down a bit help your mileage out a little too.

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
No issues with mine. No guages either so I can't tell ya anything bout that. My dealer thought it was a good idea. Make sure you soak the exhaust pipe bolts with some penetrating oil. My advice, unhook your steering shaft and intercooler pipe for more room to get it out. Also fit the heat shield before putting on the new manifold.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanx aggar i was wanting to hear from an LBZer just in case something was different from the lb7 to lly to lbz as far as fitment goes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine works great.. has the pryo hole already in it so you dont have to worry about cracking your oem one trying to drill it..

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just bought one and am installing it tonight.

·
2,934 Posts
Have plenty of patience. And some good penetrating oil. Make sure your sockets you're using are very good and not too rounded off inside. Goodluck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Had mine installed yesterday and so far so good. Seems to have a little bit better throttle response, (spools faster). My wife said it seems as if the exhaust was a little louder which would be right if it really does move more exhaust. I would say not a bad "bang for the buck" item. Oh, and it's a lot easier to mount the pyro gauge probe rather then having to drill and tap the stock manifold and hope it will not crack over time.......

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have noticed more ticking from the engine area but no big deal...

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you reuse your old gaskets the ticking is most likely the end result of the old gasket not sealing to the new manifold. The shop I had install my manifold told me he did another one of these and the guy didn't want to pop for the new gaskets (they do cost a bit) and his too ticked until he came back and had the manifold gaskets replaced. Do it right the first time, use new GM gaskets...

·
2,934 Posts
I used my old gasket and no ticking sound here.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just bought one and am installing it tonight.
Well i ran into some problems. I didn't have metric 12 point sockets on hand and i discovered my hydo-boost and power steering lines were leaking at the crimps. So i'm getting those taken care of at the dealer though a recall on the items. So i have to wait till after they are done with that to put the manifold on and my new 4" turbo back from MBRP. Can't wait!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts