Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pat will the short shifter you all have for the ford zf6 work on the gm version of the ZF IF so where can i get one?

THanx,
Caleb

·
Registered
181 Posts
To be perfectly honest I dont know. We havent tried one here and have not been able to get much information as to what the differences are so until I have someone try it I wouldnt know for sure.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ill try one as long as i wouldent be stuck with it if it didnt fit the trans!

I know the ford shifter is different from about 3" out of the trans up to the top but as for any difference on how they mount to the trans i dont know i know the gm has 4 allen bolts that mount it to the trans!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Unfortunately the Ford version of the short shifter has been discontinued. I dont have any in stock. You could try somewhere like Summit Racing or Jegs. They might have one. I think they have pretty liberal return policies.

·
Registered
35 Posts
the ford shifter is flat and bolts on, the gm is a threaded rod that the shifter screws on. i also read somewhere the angle is different, so i dont know what that would do to the stick position within the cab, but i'd say it would change. if you can live with that or modify it to suit your needs, im pretty sure it will "bolt-up" the same as the gm version.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Any new news on this? Is any company making a short throw shifter for the G.M version of the ZF6?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Ill try one as long as i wouldent be stuck with it if it didnt fit the trans!

I know the ford shifter is different from about 3" out of the trans up to the top but as for any difference on how they mount to the trans i dont know i know the gm has 4 allen bolts that mount it to the trans!
Nice Truck Man.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanx!

AS for th short shifter, I found Aa small company that makes a short throw for the ZF.

Midwest transmission.

Midwest Transmission Center

You have to call and ask for dan, the part is not listed on the website!
Did you get the shifter from Midwest? Did you like it and what all does it come with base, stick, boot, ect. Did it make the truck shift better and was it noticable. I would like to have some input from some one who has one. Please get back with me asap.

·
Registered
124 Posts
super-necro-bump, but has anybody heard back about this shifter?
it took me 4yrs to find a discontinued Hurst for my 1/2 ton, but it feels so much better than the sloppy stock unit. if/when i finally buy my d-max, a short shifter would be nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts