Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Engineered by BD and built to our exacting specifications by BorgWarner Turbo Systems' AirWerks program, the Super Max creates enough airflow for up to 550-rwhp at 45 pounds of boost on diesel only (up to 675 rwhp with a shot of nitrous!). Increased efficiency reduces exhaust gas temperature (EGT), lowers emissions and even improves fuel economy over the stock turbo. "

im confused, this statement is saying that the truck now has 550hp with the new turbo, or can handle?

if it means it has 550hp, that means after adding an exhuast, intake, and a tuner, that would be like around 700hp.

if it means it could handle, how much do you gain with the new BD turbo?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
With the new BD you can support over 550hp.

You will only gain power if you are overfueled and under turboed. This will help get your egts back down if you have alot of fuel added, like EFI live cranked up or stacking fueling boxes.

Now, thats the LB7 turbo you are looking at. The LLY/LBZ version is expected sometime this winter or next spring. I will expect bigger things from the new LLY/LBZ turbo, maybe 600+hp? I can tell you BD is pretty conservative with their ratings.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
You can make 550 with it but you need alot more than just a turbo no matter what turbo it is!
isn't that the truth and is it expensive..

question for the pullers
can i run a after market turbo and still run in the stock class at the truck pulls?

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
I don't think so on the turbo. I think it's exhaust and tuner and it can only be one tuner.

·
Registered
262 Posts
if i switch to a larger turbo am i going to have any engine problems wear, blowing up for example

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.