Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the green light from momma to lift my 2017. I know lift kits are beat to hell in the forum, but I could use your opinion on which brand to go with. They are all good lifts and great companies, but which one will give the best ride, wear out parts slowest, and clear 35/12.5R20 the easiest. I am keeping the factory rims for now. I am only looking at these 3 lifts.

CST 3-6"
Cognito 4-6"
BDS 4.5"

Thank you

Justin

·
Registered
52 Posts
I got the green light from momma to lift my 2017. I know lift kits are beat to hell in the forum, but I could use your opinion on which brand to go with. They are all good lifts and great companies, but which one will give the best ride, wear out parts slowest, and clear 35/12.5R20 the easiest. I am keeping the factory rims for now. I am only looking at these 3 lifts.

CST 3-6"

Cognito 4-6"

BDS 4.5"

Thank you

Justin
Just installed a cognito 4 to 6 with fox 2.0 mono shock, pisk kit and 2" block rear last weekend on my truck. Parts are packaged well, powdercoat is excellent and fit is marvelous. I purchased through norcaltruck and thankfully I did so. I had 1 bumpstop missing and norcal took care of it fast. Cudos to them. I set truck at about 4" to keep a-arms and axles flat. Truck has 1" rake. Tires are 285/75r18 which toyo rated at a 35x11.5. Ride is as good or better than stock. Way better than my cranked torsions prior

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s where I was leaning! I’ve got to pull a 5th wheel so I can’t go too high and also don’t want to lose my ride quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
That’s where I was leaning! I’ve got to pull a 5th wheel so I can’t go too high and also don’t want to lose my ride quality.

5th wheel puller myself that's why I kept it low. Just wanted better ride.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you tell me the cost of the kit? What shocks did you go with? What about a part number for the kit?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Can you tell me the cost of the kit? What shocks did you go with? What about a part number for the kit?

Not sure I can tell you the price on the forum. Norcaltruck was the best price I found. It's called a cognito 4-6 then you can add a variation of parts that upgrade it. I did uca's , alloy tie rods and pisk kit

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just installed a cognito 4 to 6 with fox 2.0 mono shock, pisk kit and 2" block rear last weekend on my truck. Parts are packaged well, powdercoat is excellent and fit is marvelous. I purchased through norcaltruck and thankfully I did so. I had 1 bumpstop missing and norcal took care of it fast. Cudos to them. I set truck at about 4" to keep a-arms and axles flat. Truck has 1" rake. Tires are 285/75r18 which toyo rated at a 35x11.5. Ride is as good or better than stock. Way better than my cranked torsions prior

Could you tell me your height at the heighest point on the truck? Same setup i'm considering. THanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
This morning we had frozen roads so i used 4wd. Definitely vibration with the stock driveline. So i am researching on the best replacement. Cognito Dual Cardon driveline seems to be the most popular online. I have read some failures but still researching. Factory u joints are 1350's, and for clearance issues on the cognito 1310's are used in the dual cardian. And they are about 35% weaker than 1350's. That my holdup. Anyone have any suggestions

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
This morning we had frozen roads so i used 4wd. Definitely vibration with the stock driveline. So i am researching on the best replacement. Cognito Dual Cardon driveline seems to be the most popular online. I have read some failures but still researching. Factory u joints are 1350's, and for clearance issues on the cognito 1310's are used in the dual cardian. And they are about 35% weaker than 1350's. That my holdup. Anyone have any suggestions

Have the Tuff Country 3.5 inch kit ... did not install the rear 1 inch blocks ... and only raised the front 2.75 inches ... leaving a 1/2 inch rake on the truck. Also have the front driveline vibration issue in 4wd ... but only under load. My Tuff Country kit came with the drop spacers for the front axle to reduce the CV joint angles. Planning a trip to the local driveline shop for diagnosis and repair / upgrade options.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts

1310 are good for up to about 500 hp and depending on torque. 1350 are good up to about 1600 hp. I have an 800hp street rod with about 650 ft# and 1350 series nodular rear end and its good to go. But with 1310s you dropping drive shafts.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hey just to see if you got any more pictures I kinda want to see what the lift looks like on the truck

·
Registered
2018 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT
98 Posts
I as well had NorCal do my lift kit. I went with the 6 inch BDS lift with Fox shocks but I had them turn down the torsion bars, it is actually is about a 5in lift. It rode like stock until I installed the air bags, it rides a little ruff without my trailer but it helped stiffen up the rear end when I have the trailer hooked up. So it was a give and take. I also added the bds recoil traction bars which really helped with keeping the rear axle in place under load. Overall no complaints and I’m super happy with the way it looks. By the way I’m running 35x20x12.50 Toyos with aftermarket rims.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts