Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I shouldn't have started this but I told my buddy with a newer Camaro SS I could whoop him. Turns out I can, for about 200 ft...then he was gone. I know they run 13.'s but I thought I could keep up. All my mods are in sig. The only thing was I didnt build any boost. Any advice on how to beat him? I just dropped some cash in this rig, but am I gonna have to drop more?

·
Premium Member
2,671 Posts
i had an 01ss that ran low to mid 12s and on the street my friend in a built lly would take me for the first few hundred feet, after that i'd pass him every time.

you launch in 4x4?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
it says ppe stage 4 and tunes from Kory in his sig,

bigger or more turbos, 60 over sticks and new tunes

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I launched in 4 wheel drive. I think I would have done better with a boost. His SS is all stock. I am trying to convince my wife my injectors are going bad...HAHA

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I launched in 4 wheel drive. I think I would have done better with a boost. His SS is all stock. I am trying to convince my wife my injectors are going bad...HAHA
Well tell your wife your turbo is bad also, and they can only be replaced in a set of 2 :rofl

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didint boost at all. Just hit the pedal. As far as twins, I'd love to. But trying to stay in stock class for pulls.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
You would have done alot better if you boosted. Atleast alot further than 200ft

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Should of launched at 10-12 psi and dropped tire pressure for better grip.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Yea. Hold brake really hard. 23 psi. Then go lol

·
Premium Member
2,211 Posts
Ok I shouldn't have started this but I told my buddy with a newer Camaro SS I could whoop him. Turns out I can, for about 200 ft...then he was gone. I know they run 13.'s but I thought I could keep up. All my mods are in sig. The only thing was I didnt build any boost. Any advice on how to beat him? I just dropped some cash in this rig, but am I gonna have to drop more?
You only likely have 120 tune as big tune..build trans and we add 110hp to the tune then see what happens :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,688 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have the big tune from Kory. And I have the PPE stage 4. Wondering I f something is wrong though. Today I made an interstate trip. On lvl 4 I was getting around 16 mpg. Just for S's and G's, I stepped up to lvl 5. My mpg jumped up to around 25ish. Really didnt think I should be pulling those kinda numbers with lvl 5. Any words of wisdom Kory?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Everyone here can read. Whats wrong with Flowmaster? Its not like I'm running super 44's. Its a diesel exhaust.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts