Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive done a lot of reading this morning.
my truck in the signature will be getting 37's soon.
most everything ive read says go with 4.56 gears but those are all older threads.

ive found 4.30 & 4.44 gears available now. all the calculators say "4.31" would put me back to stock-like characteristics, but im more the type to go a little over geared to be safe.

so i guess my question is do i go 4.44 or 4.56? lol

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
I just put 4.30’s in my truck last week, and run a tire that is 34.5”, I think they are just right for 34-35” tire. I have changed the gearing on my last couple of trucks and felt the difference that it makes. I wouldn’t hesitate to run 4.56’s on a 35-37” tire. 4.56’s and 37’s will give you quite a bit of leverage back and still drive on the highway comfortably and keep you in the sweet spot for the rpm’s.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yep. 4.56. Geared for 37s too. Temporarily running 35s and no problem.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yep. 4.56. Geared for 37s too. Temporarily running 35s and no problem.
I run 35's on stock gears,plus plow and didn't notice any problems .drives pretty close to stock.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I run 35's on stock gears,plus plow and didn't notice any problems .drives pretty close to stock.
thats where im at now and havent noticed a big difference since i run something that is close to the same weight per w/t as stock.
but i know going to 37s ill feel it for sure!

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Garrett i ran 35s for awhile stock gearing and was close to stock rpm on the highway. 37s seem for whatever reason to be a huge jump. Drive it stock then if you dont like it definitely re gear to 4.56s
Stop beating horses whether they are dead or not

1 - 6 of 6 Posts