Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has an 05 cummins, its lifted and sits on decent size tires not sure of actual size though. Its only mods are a 5in straight pipe and some kind of mp8 chip thing? he said its 100hp....i generally run my quad on 90, how do yall think i could hold up?

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
x2, you'll waste him. Big tires = slow cummins :D Is he an auto or stick? If he's shifting his own gears then you'll be even farther ahead. If he's an auto then he'll probably blow his tranny before the race is over :rof

·
Registered
844 Posts
I think you'll take him, I beat one on 285's the other day vs my 37's. Don't know the tune he had though but it was a CLOSE race... All 3 times, but I won!

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
Ive beat a cummin with a smarty and fuel mods badly and im on 37's...but yeah youll own him

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replies, glad to hear it. And his is auto, just got his transmission fixed from the last time it screwed up! haha

·
Registered
457 Posts
mp8's(pressure box) suck and if its turned all the way up when he lets off the pedal the truck will keep going for a couple of seconds. dont ask how i know this.

·
Registered
844 Posts
mp8's(pressure box) suck and if its turned all the way up when he lets off the pedal the truck will keep going for a couple of seconds. dont ask how i know this.
Sounds like a possible runaway....

I know a guy that had an LB7 runaway on him, and blow up... It was long ago, and don't know the story, just know that it happend.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Sounds like a TOYOTA!!!:rof:rof:rof

·
Registered
457 Posts
well kinda yes, for 3 seconds at least. all i can figure is that it makes so much pressure and when you let off it just keeps fueling cuz it has no where else to go. I really dont know for sure but i know of 3 different mp8's that have done this on 3 different trucks so it wasn't just an isolated incident.

·
Registered
844 Posts
That would make me nervous, if I ran up on someone and it didn't powerdown...

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts