Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the Dupli Color Bed Armor? its got the Kevlar and UV fade protection in it.

I've got a drop in and hate it, but really dont wanna pay ~$400 for a rhino or linex.

i'm comfortable doing it myself, just wondered if anyone had any first hand exp laying it down and how its holding up

·
Registered
252 Posts
i've used herculiner before. came out pretty good. easy to do it yourself. only had the truck for a year then sold it. so i cant comment on how it holds up.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I have a ton of the new Bed Armor on the truck and its some tough shit. Its on my rockers, flares, and bumpers and I drive gravel daily and its not chipping. And it was only $80 a gallon so for $160 you could lay it on VERY thick. I think its good stuff, and if the inside of my bed wasnt trashed already, I would do it too. Just going to do the rails here soon. I have used Herculiner before and it doesnt compare IMO. That stuff dries all hard and slippery. This stuff dries completely but it had a bit of a rubbery texture. And it still shines up really nice with tire/wheel cleaner on it at the carwash.

·
IB4X4N
122 Posts
drop in

I love my drop in liner. I have the thick rubber mat also. When I want something to slide in I remove the mat. If I want to put a box or 5 gal bucket in the back and don't want it to slide around I just lift a corner of the rubber mat up and place item there to be held in place.

After watching my friends having to lay down plywood or something to protect their spray in liner from the sharp carbide runners on their snow machine skies finalized my liking for it.
Have you ever NOT bought a used truck because it had scratches in the bed. And I guarantee ...when I sell my truck that no one ask to look underneath it.

That’s just my opinion granted........ K.I.S.S Keep-in it simple

MJD

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I have a ton of the new Bed Armor on the truck and its some tough shit. Its on my rockers, flares, and bumpers and I drive gravel daily and its not chipping. And it was only $80 a gallon so for $160 you could lay it on VERY thick. I think its good stuff, and if the inside of my bed wasnt trashed already, I would do it too. Just going to do the rails here soon. I have used Herculiner before and it doesnt compare IMO. That stuff dries all hard and slippery. This stuff dries completely but it had a bit of a rubbery texture. And it still shines up really nice with tire/wheel cleaner on it at the carwash.
I would love to see a picture of it on your rockers, I want to do this on my lmm

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I would love to see a picture of it on your rockers, I want to do this on my lmm
Here is a pretty clean one. Its not the best picture but you get the idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
That looks good! It's the roll on stuff right? I sandblast and paint bridges so I think I can handle it but was it hard to make it look good and what kind of prep, sorry for taking over the thread

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
That looks good! It's the roll on stuff right? I sandblast and paint bridges so I think I can handle it but was it hard to make it look good and what kind of prep, sorry for taking over the thread
Yep its just the roll on Dupli Color Bed Armor. The newer stuff, the old Dupli Color bed liner was shit IMO. Yea I just taped it all off how I wanted and then sanded with 100 grit sandpaper, cleaned it up, and rolled it on. Pretty easy really. Got about 3 coats on it out of a gallon, and did the bumpers, bumper cap, and my toolbox.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats why i want to put in a bed armor-im tired of stuff sliding around. drop ins just mar the paint everywhere the touch: bed, rails, even the tailgate.

Spray ins to me stop all that, protect it from any further damage, make it look WAY better the the dealer drop ins and KEEP stuff in place

and i dont know that ive ever seen someone use plywood to protect their liner- kinda seems to defeat the purpose of the liner... :cookoo[1]:

but i do get what you are saying about the simple, and for ~$80 if i can get a $400 result for a couple hours work-thats pretty simple in my book :thumb

thanks for all the input though.

glad to hear people are pleased with it all around

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
i have it on my front bumper and used to have it on my tailgate.. IMO I would never do my bed with it. It marked real easy..

·
Registered
292 Posts

·
IB4X4N
122 Posts
Liners

Yea... Thats what I thought too. There 400 hundred dollar spray in's were cut to Sh*t . So when I seen them looking for the plywood I ask What The HEY...! When they pointed out the razor cuts from the skis I gave them A bunch of sh*t . Thats what friend are for right.
I like the rocker application thou. Looks great

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
I actually just got a bed rug....I'm a firm believer it's the best bang for buck.. holds up well, cleans easily, etc.. and def. doesn't scuff paint.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
IB4X4N
122 Posts
Scuffed paint

I thought trucks were made to get scuffed............. That's why they make new one every day :drink

1 - 16 of 16 Posts