Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a company out there that makes a bed mounted fuel tank for a LMM? I have seen the Titan tanks but I would like to add one in the bed of my 08 crew cab short bed 2500HD.

·
Registered
609 Posts
look for a toolbox combo. mine gravity feeds both on my LML and my LBZ. the LML took some fiddling because it is a much bigger tanks and would overflow, but our dealer got it figured out without a problem. my range on my LBZ is right at 1400 miles not towing, and on my LML because ti has never done anything but tow I get right at 8-900 miles. (9MPG pulling a 28k trailer)

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
There are a lot of tank options out there, but I love my Titan tank...

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I just can't see paying $1,000 for a fuel tank. I can buy a lot of fuel for a $1,000! But I do hate my 26 gallon tank!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
look for a toolbox combo. mine gravity feeds both on my LML and my LBZ. the LML took some fiddling because it is a much bigger tanks and would overflow, but our dealer got it figured out without a problem. my range on my LBZ is right at 1400 miles not towing, and on my LML because ti has never done anything but tow I get right at 8-900 miles. (9MPG pulling a 28k trailer)

I checked out the toolbox combo but I have a Leer hard tonneau and would like to keep it. Is there a tank that would fit just inside the bed or is that going to be a custom tank?

·
Registered
609 Posts
I checked out the toolbox combo but I have a Leer hard tonneau and would like to keep it. Is there a tank that would fit just inside the bed or is that going to be a custom tank?
On the LBZ i have a 60 gallon RDS that sits flat, i could put a cover over it if wanted....I like it a lot better than the big one on my LML. The LML tank toolbox sticks up and basically turns the longed to a shorted....

·
Registered
22 Posts
My father in law has a combo tank on his 06, he also installed a transfer pump that he can use to transfer only amount of fuel he wants. He ordered it from Northern Tool. They have many different sizes and types for gas and diesel. I will go with one next year but it will just be tank alone not a combo box. I need to reach the filler cap with a tonneau cover on the bed so the fit for a combo wont work for me.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
On the LBZ i have a 60 gallon RDS that sits flat, i could put a cover over it if wanted....I like it a lot better than the big one on my LML. The LML tank toolbox sticks up and basically turns the longed to a shorted....
Thanks man. I found it at northern tool and just took measurements and it will fit perfect under my toneau:thumb

·
Registered
5 Posts
Badtoy,

Be sure measure it closely because the measurements that you get on northern tool are the actual tank measurments but do not take into account the fill cap. The fill cap is going to add another 2 1/2" to the overtall tank size. I ran into the same problem when putting a tank in my shortbed LMM. I ended up having one custom built.

My tank is 57" x 16" tall x 21" wide. Holds roughly 80 gallons full but about 78 gallons is all i ever put into it. I have the Bakflip F1 bed cover and mine fits perfectly up under it. I have the northern tool gravity feed kit from RDS. Works like a charm. It does throw the fuel gauge off from time to time, but I haven't had any leaks out of mine yet.

Let me know if you need any other info.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Badtoy,

Be sure measure it closely because the measurements that you get on northern tool are the actual tank measurments but do not take into account the fill cap. The fill cap is going to add another 2 1/2" to the overtall tank size. I ran into the same problem when putting a tank in my shortbed LMM. I ended up having one custom built.

My tank is 57" x 16" tall x 21" wide. Holds roughly 80 gallons full but about 78 gallons is all i ever put into it. I have the Bakflip F1 bed cover and mine fits perfectly up under it. I have the northern tool gravity feed kit from RDS. Works like a charm. It does throw the fuel gauge off from time to time, but I haven't had any leaks out of mine yet.

Let me know if you need any other info.

Thanks for the info. The measurments were 55" X 20" x 12.5" I will look into that height measurement, prob does not include cap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts