Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello to all, my name is josh and i am purchasing a 2004.5 GMC duramax. im getting a very good deal from a friend. the truck has been mildly used for towing a small tractor and motorcycle trailor and has around 140,000 miles on it i believe. my plans so far are a bigger down pipe, MBRP exhaust with a single stack, EGR delete, PCV reroute, and EFI Live, and eventually a lift and wheels and tires. im not looking to get crazy HP or anything but im looking for a nice truck with better mileage than my gasser (8-10MPG) and be able to tow with ease. im sure ill be asking plenty of questions as i dont know the indepths of the 6.6L but i have a basic understanding and a pretty good automotive backround

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Be sure to check the upper radiator hose after it has set over night to make sure its not hard, meaning the head gaskets are blown

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
471 Posts
Welcome and congrats! I just sold my 2004.5 LLY Duramax......you will love it!
Where are you located in WI?

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Thanks for the info! Muchly appreciated! But will the hardness of hose be a very noticeable change in hardness? And could an old hose cause the same feeling?
Yes. The hose will be hard. Not squishy. Old or new it doesn't matter.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome and congrats! I just sold my 2004.5 LLY Duramax......you will love it!
Where are you located in WI?
Haha well thanks for the assurance! I'm really excited as I'm getting the truck for an awesome price from a family friend who no longer needs that big of a truck and I'm just south of madison

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome!

I have a shop in Janesville. If you ever need any help please let me know.
I appreciate the comment! I have been doing a lot of research and skipped over the thought of any shops anywhere around me! Ill be stopping in to check out some stuff especially efi live! As I live right between Madison and Janesville!

·
Registered
7,861 Posts

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
:welcome

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·