Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys I got some before and after pics of my truck from the time I bought it to now. So far I took the DC-1 rims off and bead blasted them and had them powder coated 50% black, windows 30% tint, tinted taillights cab lights and third brake light, took the twin stacks and put it to a single. I also polished the bolts and washers on the outside of the rim and I am in the process of still polishing lugs nuts and I bought new chrome center caps. Before anyone says the single stack is not straight I know this. I had to throw the clamps on there to get it down the road to have it aligned with my new tires. I will level it out tonight when I get home from work. Here we go

BEFORE:

AFTER:

·
Registered
90 Posts
So I personally think stacks are fugly, but your truck is sick man! I keep trying to find one to build. Id love to chop the frame and make it a short bed!

·
Registered
2006 Chevy 2500HD CCSB LBZ
2,192 Posts
Nice looking rig, I like the look of black and white.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
get a black stack, get rid of that faided diamond plate and paint your grill/bowtie black :D

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Planning on the black stack. I have my two ausies for sale right now and thats what I am trying to get. Even a chrome one would work I'd just have it powder coated black. And then before too long the caps are coming off to get blasted and powdercoated black. But who knows I may just blast them and polish them.

·
Registered
589 Posts
i would personally keep the center caps polished. sets off the black!!! and i would powder coat your bed rails. other than that it looks sick

·
Registered
994 Posts
Looks good man !! How much you want for the ausies ?? PM me if ya dont mind.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What I meant by caps is bed caps the center caps will stay chrome. I will most likely just buy new black bed caps after the time of prepping and the cost of powder coat it rele doesn't justify doing it so if someone wants some bed caps to refurbish and shine I got some for cheap. I'll shoot ya a pm about the stacks. The Guy I bought the truck from did the first set homemade and did a very piss poor job they flapped in the wind until the pipe under the bed broke it would take awhile to explain how he actually did it tho. Just shitty workmanship. Plus I think a single looks meaner.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

·
Registered
55 Posts
looks good man!

·
USMC
795 Posts
Where you get your lift from and who did it for you?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bought the truck with the lift and the guy I bought it from installed it himself.

Thanks guys! She's not finished yet but without the cost of tires I've spent about $500 going from the before to the after.

·
Registered
134 Posts
i like the dual stacks better but looks good

·
Registered
125 Posts
Very rarely do I ever see single cab D-max. If I do they say DPW on the side.

Looks good. Cool looking truck. Agree on getting a black stack.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
get a black stack, get rid of that faided diamond plate and paint your grill/bowtie black :D
x2!!! either black grill/white bowtie, or white grille/black bowtie, get rid of the diamond plate rails, maybe just get the bed lined? and a black stack would set it off!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts