Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 2WD
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
So I am looking into getting the SAC 45's (since the SAC00 are no longer available) and I am wondering if I am going to need to upgrade my lift pump for these bigger injectors. The truck is completely stock and it has an EGR so I don't know, if going with bigger injectors, is there is anything I need to add to the list so I don't have components crap out on me down the road. I'm planning on getting the SAC45s through LDS with the master installation kit, new cups and new high pressure fuel rails. And I'm looking at getting EFI Live since I'll definitely need a tune with larger injectors. If anyone has any input on a job like this or advice I would greatly appreciate it. I am a newbie to diesels and this will be a first time experience for me doing injectors. I appreciate you all in advance!

· Registered
2010 crew cab dually
228 Posts
Along with what the gentleman above said
I would add buy all your stuff from the same place if problems arise during install one call covers it all . If it's a reputable shop they will ask what your goal is what you have now etc they may recommend things that haven't occurred to you but you'll be happy not to wait an extra week for them when doing the job

· Former GM Tech and parts
4,251 Posts
What lift pump do you have right now?

· Former GM Tech and parts
4,251 Posts
Then you don’t have a lift pump. These trucks didn’t have a pump in the tank to pump it to the engine, they use the cp3 injection pump to pull it from the tank to the engine.
A Fass or air dog are good options, I prefer Fass personally. 150gph will be plenty, as will 165 which is a lot of what the options are. I ran a single filter Fass 150 for years supplying my 45s and modded cp3 without issue. I only upgraded to a 165 titanium for the added filtration

· Premium Member
12,085 Posts
I really didn't see any mention of deleting with that said if your dealing with LDS I would pose your questions to them as they are very helpful.

· Registered
2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 2WD
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really didn't see any mention of deleting with that said if your dealing with LDS I would pose your questions to them as they are very helpful.
You are correct. Brent over there at LDS was very helpful. Just ordered my SAC 45s and some other parts. Got the air dog 100 and some new cups. All that is left to buy is EFI live. Thanks for the replies fellas 🤙🏼

1 - 8 of 8 Posts