Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Finally snapped some pictures and they are a little worse then I thought. Still not terrible though. Im perfectly fine with just one fin rubbing lol. Plenty of 4WD use and no tears or rips yet

[/QUOTE]

Yeah yours look just about like mine, can't decide if I want to do a 4 inch or not

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
That bottom pic is a bad angle for sure but the first pic is fine. Why are they so different? Something isn't right..... Unless the bottom pic is the truck off the ground on a jack or something.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Finally snapped some pictures and they are a little worse then I thought. Still not terrible though. Im perfectly fine with just one fin rubbing lol. Plenty of 4WD use and no tears or rips yet

Yeah yours look just about like mine, can't decide if I want to do a 4 inch or not[/QUOTE]

I've also tossed the idea of a lift cranked all the way down... Think I might just go with a plate bumper instead cause my old truck looked like it say higher with the plate bumper.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Swapped my hids out for some Acme LEDS from TRS, these will hold me over until I complete my retrofit. Also have my fog lights and rigid bracket for dual square pods in my fog light holes just waiting on my wiring harnesses now. Pics to follow one my laptop charges.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #87 (Edited)

6k HIDs, as you can tell the bulb colors didn't match, cheap hid kit that would only have varying colors if I used remote start. So I said goodbye to them and ordered some Acme LEDS from theretrofitsource.com closeout section for $35. TRS has supplied many parts for multiple retrofits I've done so I trust their parts and they didn't disappoint.

Acmes in the box. Amazing quality. Cant imagine what the new ones look and feel like.

Overall Im pretty impressed with these Acme LEDs. They were an old model that was on sale for $35... Way better then my HIDs and just as bright. My HIDs were 5ks for color reference. Id recommend these to anybody looking for something different without going the HID route. The parts for these are a lot less slim then ballasts for HIDs and its all plug and play. You can even adjust the direction of the bulbs so that you get optimal light input. LEDs are supposed to shine with the LEDs facing Left and Right. These have a small allen screw that allows you to rotate the base so you don't have any funky patterns of light.

The LEDs will hold me off until I finish my retrofit so I'll let these go to a goo home for cheap when I finally get around to doing my retro :D

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
They look good for $35! I'm always having trouble with my Ebay HIDs lol.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
They look good for $35! I'm always having trouble with my Ebay HIDs lol.
They're new kits are like $150 they treat customers well with their closeouts haha. After driving with them for a day I love em! Perfect color and amazing output.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #91 (Edited)

Forgot to mention I installed pods in my stock fog light holes and wired them to the stock button. Also my leveled 2500hd next to a 1500 on 6".

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Subd

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Well that GMC pictured above got driven off of a bridge and totaled yesterday... He fell asleep behind the wheel, trucks toast but he's good! May snag his 35s and run them on my leveled lmm but I haven't decided yet. Did pick up his "C" style taillights and smoked third brake light, Once I get all the water out of them and resealed lol.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #94 (Edited)
Minor changes over the holidays, got my double din installed with gauges displayed on the head unit along with full steering wheel controls. I used the Idatalink Maestro to sustain steering wheel controls and get the gauges.

Roof Rack Photos.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I love the LED cubes and LED's in the headlights. I'd like to get a set of LED's for the high beams. I've got the marimoto HID's in my lows and fogs and I'm very happy with them.
Truck looks awesome

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
I love the LED cubes and LED's in the headlights. I'd like to get a set of LED's for the high beams. I've got the marimoto HID's in my lows and fogs and I'm very happy with them.
Truck looks awesome
Thanks man, hopefully gonna start my retrofit soon if TRS ever stops releasing new stuff Lol. Will include rigids in the high beams too.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Definitely digging the gauges in the HU. Did you buy the maestro straight from them? or did you get it somewhere else?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Thanks man, hopefully gonna start my retrofit soon if TRS ever stops releasing new stuff Lol. Will include rigids in the high beams too.
That will be awesome. I have always wanted to do that, but I always find something else that I need more. That looks like such an enjoyable project. I still have my stock headlights in the garage on a shelf for when I get around to tackling that. Do you know which projector you're going to use? When I get around to doing mine I'm going to do a quad projector setup. Getting the cut off right will be a chore

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Definitely digging the gauges in the HU. Did you buy the maestro straight from them? or did you get it somewhere else?
I ordered everything from Amazon/Crutchfield.

That will be awesome. I have always wanted to do that, but I always find something else that I need more. That looks like such an enjoyable project. I still have my stock headlights in the garage on a shelf for when I get around to tackling that. Do you know which projector you're going to use? When I get around to doing mine I'm going to do a quad projector setup. Getting the cut off right will be a chore
Yeah Im gonna go with square D2s eventually. I had D2s in my old truck and they were amazing better then the Fxrs in my Acura and the new ones are supposed to be even better so they will do for me. Ive completed a few retrofits on Tacomas cutoff isn't too hard as long as you have a wall and somewhere level for the truck hahaha.

81 - 100 of 128 Posts