Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
On that stereo... does the idatalink maestro use the OEM built in mic for the phones, or do you have to install the one that comes with the new stereo?
I had to install one that came with the radio but I also did not have the capability before hand to use my phone in my truck, only the onstar option of having a number which I never understood. The maestro did have an option during the download to choose a steering wheel setup with phone controls.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #103 (Edited)
Got the truck detailed the other day, only pictures I have are from the detailer. Pretty impressed with his work for being a mobile detailer. Also found out my transmissions lines are beginning to weep so probably going to take them off in the next day or so and get them replaced with hydraulic lines.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Truck looks great. Ever get around to the retrofit? Mine came out really well... unfortunately I have to take them out again to notch the frame behind the headlights so that I can aim them correctly. I'm also struggling to get one side sealed up where the projector sits in the fixture. I modified the rubber gasket, but one isn't sealed.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Truck looks great. Ever get around to the retrofit? Mine came out really well... unfortunately I have to take them out again to notch the frame behind the headlights so that I can aim them correctly. I'm also struggling to get one side sealed up where the projector sits in the fixture. I modified the rubber gasket, but one isn't sealed.
Nope sure haven't l think I'll get a few other mods first since I want rigids and color match. Gonna be a pricey retro even doing it myself and getting a discount haha but I wanna do it right. Which projectors did you end up going with?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Update: September 19, 2018

224,552k miles

Installed Kryptonite Tie Rods, Kryptonite Upper Ball Joints, Kryptonite PISK, Kryptonite Wheel Bearings, MOOG Idler & Pitman Arms, and MOOG Bump Stops. Trucks already feels a thousand times better waiting to get an alignment tomorrow. Pics to come.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Saw pics in the other thread... Looks good! I need to go all out and rebuild my front end the right way

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Saw pics in the other thread... Looks good! I need to go all out and rebuild my front end the right way
The more I looked around and took stuff the more I realized it was all shot and all needed replacing. Lower BJs, steering damper shock, and sway bar links getting replaced next week.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #111

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Debating on selling my truck and picking up a 2015 LML Denali, what do y’all think? Mine has 227k deleted/tuned Denali has 165k stock with a lift pump.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Keep yours, unless the LML is a steal of a deal. 60k less miles is really nothing for a diesel, plus you know the history and maintenance on yours. Unless you really like the way the 15s look or the interior or something, I'd keep your LMM.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Keep yours, unless the LML is a steal of a deal. 60k less miles is really nothing for a diesel, plus you know the history and maintenance on yours. Unless you really like the way the 15s look or the interior or something, I'd keep your LMM.
That’s the problem I love the Denali body style and the interior. Figured I’m about at the point where I’m either gonna sell mine and break even or keep it till it evaporates.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
I love the Denali's as well, but I've come to the conclusion that I'll never pay the kind of money that these new trucks are going for, ever. I thought about selling my LBZ since there seems to be a hot market for them right now, and getting into a 3 or 4 year old gasser.... Shhhh don't tell anyone. BUT, on the other hand, my LBZ is paid for and it looks and runs damn good. So at this point I might as well just keep it until it becomes a collectible lol

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
234,XXX miles and still rolling just fine. At a crossroad now though, debating selling the truck and picking up a 2018 1500 instead.... Love the LMM but could be in a new gas for about what Im paying/owe on the LMM at the moment. Smarter me says get the gas since it'll have a warranty and low low miles and can be payed off the same time this would be leaving me with a lower mileage 2018 instead of a high mileage 2008 diesel... BUT I'm not quite convinced I want to sell my truck Lol. Long term I feel that the gas would be cheaper in all aspects and could put me in a better position to trade up or a LML or L5P

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Yeah I wanted to upgrade to a newer 1500 but then I bought a new house lol. New truck will have to wait. The old LBZ still gets me around.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Installed ARB Dual Air Compressor, Edge CTS2 and EAS/EGT probe, and Rotated Tires. Now just waiting to find a cheap air tank and for my train horns to come in.

Attachments

101 - 120 of 128 Posts