Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 05 cc sb. The previous owner had something slide forward in the bed and bend the front of the bed toward the cab..enough to where it rubs a little.
I want to straighten it out then put in a spray-in bedliner.

Any ideas on how to get it straight again?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about that but how much work would that involve. I was come-a-long and a tree..lol

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
come along will bend it.

·
it goes vroom then bang!
608 Posts
pull the bed off and then work it over with a hammer. lol idk but pulling the bed off will help alot its just the 4 bolt and the rear harness need to be diconected then it should just lift off.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds easy enough...I'll try to take some before and after pics...hammer time!

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
pull the bed off and then work it over with a hammer. Lol idk but pulling the bed off will help alot its just the 4 bolt and the rear harness need to be diconected then it should just lift off.
correction there its 6 bolts;)

·
Registered
712 Posts
Depending on how it is bent, the tree and come-a-long could work just fine to eliminate the contact with the cab, if that is all you are after.

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
Could also use a large slide hammer if you can fit the hook in between the cab and bed front panel. All depends on how great you want it to look. Taking the bed off is not hard either, just don't forget to disconnect the fuel filler hose if you do it!

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
It is amazing how weak this panel really is. I straightened mine (not bend as badly) By grabbing it and squating, rocking back, adjusting the pull (and rocking) gradually untill I had it back, It isn't easy to get it right and would be much easier to remove the bed.

Good Luck

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
slide some long pieces of wooden 2x4's in and pull on it slowly,good even pull.......I bent the one in the 5.3 when I strapped the new stage 5 too tightly to it.....:D

·
it goes vroom then bang!
608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeddie1300
pull the bed off and then work it over with a hammer. Lol idk but pulling the bed off will help alot its just the 4 bolt and the rear harness need to be diconected then it should just lift off.

correction there its 6 bolts

good lookin out man

·
7,336 Posts
hit the box that says ''quote'' then hit post reply,if you need to quote multiple people,hit the multi quote till you're done and then post reply......

·
7,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeddie1300

correction there its 6 bolts

good lookin out man
see.......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts