Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 05 cc sb. The previous owner had something slide forward in the bed and bend the front of the bed toward the cab..enough to where it rubs a little.
I want to straighten it out then put in a spray-in bedliner.

Any ideas on how to get it straight again?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
come along will bend it.

·
it goes vroom then bang!
650 Posts
pull the bed off and then work it over with a hammer. lol idk but pulling the bed off will help alot its just the 4 bolt and the rear harness need to be diconected then it should just lift off.

·
saw what you did there
15,178 Posts
Ya, just bolts and the harness. Get some buddies to help lift it off.

·
AKA treyfox11
2,341 Posts
pull the bed off and then work it over with a hammer. Lol idk but pulling the bed off will help alot its just the 4 bolt and the rear harness need to be diconected then it should just lift off.
correction there its 6 bolts;)

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Could also use a large slide hammer if you can fit the hook in between the cab and bed front panel. All depends on how great you want it to look. Taking the bed off is not hard either, just don't forget to disconnect the fuel filler hose if you do it!

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
It is amazing how weak this panel really is. I straightened mine (not bend as badly) By grabbing it and squating, rocking back, adjusting the pull (and rocking) gradually untill I had it back, It isn't easy to get it right and would be much easier to remove the bed.

Good Luck

·
Banned
24,783 Posts
Could try drilling a hole and putting a peace of metal behind it so it will pull a larger even area. Then hook a chain to the bolt and hook it up to a post and pull!

·
VAGITARIAN :)
8,062 Posts
slide some long pieces of wooden 2x4's in and pull on it slowly,good even pull.......I bent the one in the 5.3 when I strapped the new stage 5 too tightly to it.....:D

·
it goes vroom then bang!
650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeddie1300
pull the bed off and then work it over with a hammer. Lol idk but pulling the bed off will help alot its just the 4 bolt and the rear harness need to be diconected then it should just lift off.

correction there its 6 bolts

good lookin out man

·
8,062 Posts
hit the box that says ''quote'' then hit post reply,if you need to quote multiple people,hit the multi quote till you're done and then post reply......

·
8,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeddie1300

correction there its 6 bolts

good lookin out man
see.......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.