Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered up some new sway bar end links because my old ones were toast in addition to one being bent kinda bad. I was installing the new inks, when I noticed a pretty big difference in the geometry of my two end links and ends of my sway bar. I am the second owner of this truck so I am unsure of what may have caused this. In the pictures you can see my passenger side has a good 1+1/2 inches before hitting my CV axle, my driver side however is maybe 3/4 of an inch away.

I do know that my sway bar is flipped, its something they have to do on the older torsion bar drop lift kits apparently. I do only plan on going lower with the truck, it has a 4-6 inch Fabtech lift on it, but I plan on putting factory keys in and dropping the lift to just 2" above stock ride height.

I know a sway bar helps ride quality and cornering stability, but I'm not ever going to do any baja style shit in my truck anytime soon.
Anyone know of just straight up removing the sway bar and have any input on ride changes and/or risks involved?
Should I attempt to bend it back or are there any aftermarket options available?

Thanks in advance fellas.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Ordered up some new sway bar end links because my old ones were toast in addition to one being bent kinda bad. I was installing the new inks, when I noticed a pretty big difference in the geometry of my two end links and ends of my sway bar. I am the second owner of this truck so I am unsure of what may have caused this. In the pictures you can see my passenger side has a good 1+1/2 inches before hitting my CV axle, my driver side however is maybe 3/4 of an inch away.

I do know that my sway bar is flipped, its something they have to do on the older torsion bar drop lift kits apparently. I do only plan on going lower with the truck, it has a 4-6 inch Fabtech lift on it, but I plan on putting factory keys in and dropping the lift to just 2" above stock ride height.

I know a sway bar helps ride quality and cornering stability, but I'm not ever going to do any baja style shit in my truck anytime soon.
Anyone know of just straight up removing the sway bar and have any input on ride changes and/or risks involved?
Should I attempt to bend it back or are there any aftermarket options available?

Reactions: Red_LBZ

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you,

I'm probably going to get the progress sway bar from that link you posted, just sent them an email regarding installing it on a slightly lifted truck.

Reactions: UTEngineer

·
Premium Member
636 Posts

I am pretty sure those are Cognito’s sway bar end links ... because I have a set that look just like those.

In your pictures the nut under the control arm is still loose, so I am guessing the clevis is not in its final position yet ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those are Kryptonite end links, the difference between the Cognito i have no idea could come out of the same factory for all i know. And yea I didn't tighten the bottom nut down as soon as I saw how far off my sway bar was. Ended up removing it as soon as I ordered the new sway bar. Ill pop in some pictures when i get the new one installed.

Reactions: UTEngineer
1 - 5 of 5 Posts