Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY GUYS,
I COULD USE SOME SUGGESTIONS ON TIRES. THE TRUCK ALREADY HAD
PRO COMP 37X13.50X50/17'S EXTREME A/T ON IT. WHICH ARE TO BIG FOR THE 6" FABTECH LIFT ON IT, I PLAN ON DROPPING DOWN TO SOME 35'S. IT ALSO HAS MAZZI HULK 17X10 WHEELS ON IT WHICH LIMITS MY OPTIONS,
17" TIRES HAVE LITTLE TO SELECT FROM. I LIKE THE PATTERN ON THE PRO COMPS BUT I'LL HAVE TO ORDER THEM, NO ONE AROUND HERE HAS THEM. I'M NOT AGAINST A MT BUT IT MUST RIDE SMOOTH WITH LITTLE NOISE AND ATLEAST HAVE A D LOAD RATING. ANY SUGGESTIONS??:fart :help

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
first off i don't mean to hamer you but could you spell in lower case letters,its easier on the eyes..in a 35's well you really open your options,one that has been a good tire for the money is the Dean Mud Terrain SXT Dean - Light Truck Tires but if you want a really good tire it is the Cooper Discover STT Cooper - Light Truck Tires the best of the best is the Toyo Open Country MT or AT Toyo Tires - lgt and all of these are a LR D(8ply)or heavier..

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
If you want an all-terrain, BFGs are always an option. I personally like them, and their mud-terrains are good too.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info, i was wondering about the coopers, i noticed they make pro comp but they are a lot more $$ .

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Dont' know about sizes...but I just got some General Grabber AT2 tires....I personally think they look extremely aggressive and they are rated to go really good on wet, snowy, and rocky surfaces. And they are a 10 ply. And they won't kill your bank account.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Bridgestones, IMO, are good for the playground under the swings. 0 traction. Coopers are great, good grip, quiet, ware great, they will last a while and won't need a loan to own them. BFGs are great too They's last 80,000+ miles pricey though. These are the ones I've got exp with. Don't know about the Deans, and others...

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
Bridgestones, IMO, are good for the playground under the swings. 0 traction. Coopers are great, good grip, quiet, ware great, they will last a while and won't need a loan to own them. BFGs are great too They's last 80,000+ miles pricey though. These are the ones I've got exp with. Don't know about the Deans, and others...
question durabeast
witch bridgestone are you talking about seeing they have 8 different tread designs for the light duty trucks?

if you want the best go with the Toyo Open Country M/T or A/T,but they are very pricey..

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Dueler A/Ts. Aren't those the ones that come from the factory?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts