Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts
yup..because it doesnt tap the pump..my jammer injectors do much more to my truck than the smarty does

Also when you tap the wire on the pump you will start going through injection pumps every 15 to 30 thousand miles and at 1400-1800 a crack that gets costly.

Also when you tap the wire on the pump you will start going through injection pumps every 15 to 30 thousand miles and at 1400-1800 a crack that gets costly.
i really gotta disagree with that..i have a couple buddies who have gone over 100,000 miles on the same injection pump running edge comps,that tap the pump..but with a good lift pump..such as air dog, FASS, or even a raptor, and maybe add a little 2 stroke oil to keep it lubricated, and the injection pump will stay happy..proper fuel pressure and lubrication is the key to have a long life with a VP44

That may very well be true! I knew a guy that the day he put his comp box on his vp44 went out but this could have been due to a bad lift pump too. My cousin also has gone through 2 pumps on his truck. I have heard it before so it is just something to think about.

yeah, like i said its all about the lift pump thats feeding it..a stock lift pump or cheap lift pump will kill it pretty easy

Discussion starter · #34 ·
Well i don't know how good it will be but he went out and bought an Edge J/A for his truck. He liked the idea of having the built in guages including a fuel pressure guage. If he keeps it on level one or two and keeps his foot out of it, will his factory lift pump be alright? Anything else you guys might know for him about what else to do to his truck next?

He heard or read somewhere that if his truck has step bars, or running boards that you cannot mount a lift pump anywhere. Is this true?

edge is a good chip for the 2nd gen dodges if you dont have a tranny or gauges its simple but when he gets a tranny tst would be the way to go with the addition of a lift pump

my brothers 24v had an edge and it kept flippin out on him, then he switched to a 180 hp bullydog i think is what it is, and 125 hp injectors from edge, and a fass lift pump and now it screams. only problem is that you cant escape the massive clouds of smoke it produces. its not even funny how much this will dump
he says the bully dog is a weird chip but is alot better than edge

i got a buddy with a 2nd gen and edge and he likes it

and i got another buddy with a second gen with smarty saying its adding an extra 200hp :confused:
aftering reading this im thinking hes full of crap? :confused:
cause i was wondering how he was still running on stock fuel system and clutch :rolleyes:

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.