Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking the brains of the masters here

What additive do you like to run for lubrocity and to keep things clean?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
Picking the brains of the masters here

What additive do you like to run for lubrocity and to keep things clean?

Thanks

the best additive (to this site) is the search button. Really helps to reduce friction and wear.

Joking aside, this questions been beaten to death and theres no real answer because its all subjective. Personally, optilube, or stanadyne. The specific flavor is up to you based on needs.

·
Registered
595 Posts
The only real scientific lubricity test I have seen had bio-diesel and Opti-Lube on top.
I personally like Opti-Lube (Summer+ and XPD) and Hot Shots Secret (Diesel Extreme and Everyday Treatment) .

·
Registered
230 Posts
I really like Diesel Kleen and can tell when I have or havent been using it. Especially with a 6.0 but I use it in my LBZ also. Not a fan of gas engine additives but I do believe the good diesel ones are beneficial to the point where its worth the $$.....

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
Just look for an additive that adds lubricity. If you have access to bio, thats the best additive you can get. Power and mileage gains are all moot points, and as for cetane boosts, i never really saw gains especially after tuning. Bio, standyne lubricity or optilube lubricity are your best bets. Its all about the lubricity.

Lubricity.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I can not find access to Bio fuel.
So I use some Diesel Kleen but I don't overdo it.
My truck is bone stock, 2006 LBZ and hasn't had any real issues to this point.
Keep your filters clean is my other advice, fuel filter and air filters are key.
Diesel fuel is very easy to contaminate with extraneous stuff, it's a dirt and chemical magnet.
A clean engine is a clean tool and a clean tool is a healthy tool is a happy life.
lol
;)

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
Lucas is a good stabilizer for gas, my motor home, 79 K20 and Geo tracker sets for months my MH for 6 + months plus 2 RV generators.
Before LUCAS they ran a little rough until I got some fresh gas in, since LUCAS they run good after setting.

On my Diesel I use the same LUCAS fuel treatment mixed with Diesel Kleen, been mixing since 2003.
What I’ve found the injectors are a little quieter (no mileage gains) with only LUCAS, DK with cetane a little better mileage.

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
Lucas is a good stabilizer for gas, my motor home, 79 K20 and Geo tracker sets for months my MH for 6 + months plus 2 RV generators.
Before LUCAS they ran a little rough until I got some fresh gas in, since LUCAS they run good after setting.

On my Diesel I use the same LUCAS fuel treatment mixed with Diesel Kleen, been mixing since 2003.
What I’ve found the injectors are a little quieter (no mileage gains) with only LUCAS, DK with cetane a little better mileage.
For the life of me I couldn't figure out what that additive from Ace hardware was!!!

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
For the life of me I couldn't figure out what that additive from Ace hardware was!!!
Now I’m curious, what was the name of that additive you bough from Ace, I know I 'dunno;

1 - 9 of 9 Posts