Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to make a big order online. What's the best additive out there? I was gonna see what Amsoil had to offer but was curious about others as well.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Amsoil offers a very good product for our trucks

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Vendor
10,943 Posts
I'd heard about the Opti-Lube before. You ever used it or know anybody that has?
This is sure to get a lot of attention. Everyone has an opinion on what is the best and they support it to the end. Just like engine oil. My recommendation is to do your research and find what is best for you. Power Service, Diesel Kleen, Opti-Lube, AMSOIL are all good. Check out the lab comparison done by The Diesel Place a few years ago. Might surprise you on what you find out about other brands not listed above.

There are several guys on here who have talked about using it. Only place I know to get Opti-lube is online. Haven't seen it in a store in GA yet.

Like Chevy*tough, I am using AMSOIL Fuel Concentrate and their Cetane Booster. Have seen some improvement with fuel economy, quicker starts, no injector chatter, less/cleaner exhaust smoke.

If after you do your research you choose AMSOIL, just let me know.

Take care,

·
Registered
915 Posts

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
There have been many tests and you can search them because a few have been brought over to the forum. For lubricity nobody is even close to opti-lube except biodiesel. The opti-lube outperforms everybody by such a large margin that I’m unsure why anybody would use any other product. I personally have used Diesel Kleen and 2 stroke oil but, will switch to opti-lube soon.

1)2% REG SoyPower biodiesel
HFRR 221, 415 micron improvement.
50:1 ratio of baseline fuel to 100% biodiesel
66.56 oz. of 100% biodiesel per 26 gallons of diesel fuel
Price: market value

2)Opti-Lube XPD
Multi-purpose + anti-gel
cetane improver, demulsifier
HFRR 317, 319 micron improvement.
256:1 ratio
13 oz/tank
$4.35/tank

3)FPPF RV, Bus, SUV Diesel/Gas fuel treatment
Gas and Diesel
cetane improver, emulsifier
HFRR 439, 197 micron improvement
640:1 ratio
5.2 oz/tank
$2.60/tank

4)Opti-Lube Summer Blend
Multi-purpose
demulsifier
HFRR 447, 189 micron improvement
3000:1 ratio
1.11 oz/tank
$0.68/tank

5)Opti-Lube Winter Blend
Muti-purpose + anti-gel
cetane improver
HFRR 461, 175 micron improvement
512:1 ratio
6.5 oz/tank
$3.65/tank

Check the link below post #5. This is just one independent study. I only copied the top five.
http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/general-discussion/21577-tanks-library.html

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
hell yea for 7 bucks and it treats 500 gal. you cant beat it :drink
nope and better that stanadyne which everyone here in spokane runs cuz you can buy it locally. but on the site over $50 is free shipping. 8 bottles free shipping and 4000 gals.

·
Registered
915 Posts
nope and better that stanadyne which everyone here in spokane runs cuz you can buy it locally. but on the site over $50 is free shipping. 8 bottles free shipping and 4000 gals.
Cant argue with that. I was useing power service but it leaks EVERYWHERE. Plus i hate going into walmart and waiting in like for 30 minutes for 1 bottle of treatment :rolleyes: im gonna try amsoil stuff next and see how it works

·
Registered
413 Posts
Cant argue with that. I was useing power service but it leaks EVERYWHERE. Plus i hate going into walmart and waiting in like for 30 minutes for 1 bottle of treatment :rolleyes: im gonna try amsoil stuff next and see how it works
this is true..it dose leak everywhere!!!

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
Opti-Lube

Just ordered some Opti Lube, I will let everyone know how it does
Been using it since I got my truck....great product and is proven to be better than most of the products available...Only exception is bio-diesel, but I can't get a reliable source by my house....Just ordered another gallon of Opti-Lube...

·
Registered
915 Posts
whats leaks power service, leaks from were i havet had a problem good to know whats leaks and what works best
no matter how tight you screw the cap on power service it will leak unless you have a spot in the back of your truck where it will stay up-right. plus when you try to pour the big bottle in your tank it spills everywhere.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Been using it since I got my truck....great product and is proven to be better than most of the products available...Only exception is bio-diesel, but I can't get a reliable source by my house....Just ordered another gallon of Opti-Lube...
Just be really careful with the Bio-Fuels. There have been cases where GM has denied warranties on the Duramax due to the owners running Bio-Fuels. They are trying to use any excuse possible to relieve themselves of any financial responsibility.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts