Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I buy by the gallon and use a pump dispenser from Amazon to transfer to an empty Lucas bottle. It's 5 or 6 oz. Measured dose once with the cheapest measuring cup WalMart had and put a Sharpie mark on the Lucas bottle.
Do you have a picture or link to the pump dispenser you have?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
No additives here for 120k mi and no fuel/injector problems. Fill exclusively at Shell or Chevron stations out west.

Reactions: mizterwizard

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Chevron has been a leader in fuel quality for decades. I keep waiting for some MBA to decide it's time to cash in on their reputation by going cheap on quality but so far it hasn't happened.
Visit Phx and get some Chevron Diesel even gas your waiting will be over.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Not really, at least I know that I’ll save $$$ by not buying Shell or Chevron.

Reactions: mizterwizard

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
The Hot Shot oil additive was designed for folks who own an ill fated Furd PS with the HPOP injector system. I doubt if there's any advantage to using it in a Duramax. However, the Hot Shot's Secret Extreme Diesel is a fuel additive. I tried it in my LLY, injectors were getting intermittently knocky so I figured I would try it before replacing them. So far, it has quieted them down so maybe i can hold off replacing the injectors, at least for now. Truck has noticebly more power, runs cooler, quieter, better MPG after two tanks. Mfgr only recommends using it once every 6 months.....
I recently changed my oil using synthetic t6 15w-40 and tried hot shot secret stiction eliminator. I used it to clean and lubricate anything the oil touches. I didn't really think it would do anything but the truck drivability has seemed to improve. The engine is quiter and smoother at idle now. It's hard to explain but it made a noticable difference that I like and I will continue to use it at the recommended schedule. At the same time I used diesel extreme.

I have been a long time user of opti-lube products but now have switched to using hot shot secret. So far I have used diesel winter anti gel, diesel extreme, and stiction eliminator. I just ordered FR3 for the next oil change, more diesel extreme for future use and I got a free 32 oz. of everyday diesel treatment.

I like how everything you order from there website has free shipping and you can get discount codes.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I mainly use Stanadyne Lubricity or Howes Meaner Power Cleaner...I know we have a CP3,this stuff was created to help with the problems on the new CP4 ....it beat out OptiLube in the test....Claims of highest Lubricity currently on the market...Has anyone tryed it ?

https://www.hotshotsecret.com/lx4-lubricity-extreme/

Reactions: shotgunwillie69

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
IMO you gotta be careful on what you put in these newer trucks. It won't cause an engine problem but the emmisions system is way more sensitive to fuel than older diesels.

101 - 115 of 115 Posts