Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want the high powered light just don't know anything about them. Wheres the best place to buy kit and what all do I need

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
550 Posts
Most guys here are running DDM tuning HID'S. Put mine in about a month ago and did the headlight all on mod and love them! There is a great sticky by the underlord around here somewhere with a lot of good info in it. Good luck to ya and happy lighting

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I'm probably going to get DDM when the time comes.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do I go about getting a price on the ddm?

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
There website. Get the raptor kit I believe. Nvrplzed on here has a lot of personal experience with them.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
I would recommend the raptor kit as well. I have them high/low/fog and have no issues.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app...

·
Registered
550 Posts
Go to DDM Tuning : HID Kits

I got the raptor kits, you need 1 kit for highs and 1 kit for lows, and 1 kit if you have/want to do fogs as well. If your bulbs are the same as mine they are 9005 and 9006 style for high/low. No need for error code eliminators or any of that. Trucks are reverse polarity so need to conect plug to balast upside down or it wont work. Use the search bar at the top and search HID install, lots of good pics and advice.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm gonna get them professionally install and do I need relay if I'm doing the 55 wayy

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What's the bulb number for high / low/ fog for a 2004 gmc?

·
Registered
550 Posts
I wouldnt pay someone to do them, its litteraly a 10 minute at most job lol. I did mine in the dark with a flashlight, no tools needed, no relay needed either. Ive got the 35W and I assure you they are bright as hell, you can do the all on mod as well and I recomend that. These lights take a few seconds to heat up and come to full brightness so if you switch back and forth alot like me then all on when highs are on is the way to go.:thumb Only thing needed for install is a few big tie straps or double stick tape to mount balast in there,

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Its a simple install. I heard to go with 35 watt because the 55 can get too hot?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you have to cut the wires or they just plug in

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What's all the bulb #s I'm gonna order tonight

·
Registered
550 Posts
May have to find a bulb chart online somewhere to be exact but my 04 chevy are 9005 and 9006, however I ordered them and they look the same to me so....:rolleyes: The sticky the underlord made has the bulb fittment chart in it, I think it was Sylvinia's bulb chart If I remember correctly

·
Registered
550 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So does each kit come with 2 for $35 or need 6 kits total

·
Registered
550 Posts