Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 LBZ, fully deleted, EFI Live with custom tunes, 3”downpipe, up pipes, fuel system, etc...Just looking for some advice on a new turbo. I haul a 30ft Horse trailer a good bit. I don’t want excessive EGT’s... Looking at the Garrett 4094 or possibly the 3794. Any recommendations? And will I have to get new tunes written for a different turbo? I’m a little ignorant in this area, lol.

·
Registered
65 Posts
stick with a 65mm or smaller turbo since you tow and don't want excessive EGTs. New tunes are not required, but will definitely make a difference in driveability and EGT control.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve heard bad things about the Stealth 64, but a lot of people recommend for towing heavy. Not sure whether to go that route or not

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'd recommend leaning towards a brand new 3794. Garrett makes the Powermax Stage 1 which is a 65mm. Great turbo for the price.

·
Registered
856 Posts
What about a 64mm drop-in from Dans Diesel Performance? Lifetime Warranty & is a brand new unit.

·
Registered
10,054 Posts
Danvile performance 65mm 3794.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’ve done all of the other parts myself, downpipe, up pipes, etc... is it going to be possible for me to do it by myself, or is letting a shop do it recommended?

·
Registered
17,810 Posts
SDP 65mm pretty much like the Danville unit

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,054 Posts
You can do it

·
Registered
101 Posts
I assume you have a cold air intake not this is irrelevant. If you oil the filter too much it goes through the filter and collects on the turbine blades of your turbo throwing it off balance which in turn wears the bearing out. I have seen it lots of times at the shop. I run a dry filter in mine just for that reason. if your hearing noise that means your valve for excessive pressure is not working (if it has one I can't remember) or your turbo is beating itself up hints the oil thing. Hope you figure it out

1 - 11 of 11 Posts