Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im trying to find a mud tire that wont bald quickly does anyone know of a good tire? :help

·
Registered
55 Posts
My nitto trail grapplers seem to be holding up good

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I had good results with the nitto trail an mud grapplers. I hated the toyo mts an they don't last as long

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
I like the look of the Toyo Open Country MT. But I don't no if they are a wise choice for me? I do mainly highway, very little gravel & tow 10-11k 5er.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I the nitto will out last the toyos plus the nittos are cheaper I believe, my buddy had toyo mt's on his dodge and they didn't even last him a year, but he tows often

·
Registered
405 Posts
i should get a lil better than 40k outta my toyo muds but granted that is with no burnouts on them

·
Registered
625 Posts
I loved my toyo m/t's and got 30k out of my last set and tow a lot. They are rated nice too. Got a good deal on a set of nitto trail grapplers. Seem to doing good. Toyos are a little quieter down the interstate IMO

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
235 Posts
My old bfg km2s wore down about as fast as a rock. Not as good in the mud as my cooper stt's but would last much longer

·
Reign in Blood
4,553 Posts
you can have a tire that lasts long while towing, you can have a "mud terrain" tire, or you can get a real mud tire...but you cant have a combo of the above.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The Toyo Open Country M/T's look great and last a long time. I got about 40k out of my last set, and they have enough tread left I kept em for spares.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I'm liking the Toyo M/T's, on my second set in 75k and still have some more left in them. First set made it about 42k, second set not as long probably since I installed the twins.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I reccomend the Toyo M/T. Nitto and Toyo are sister companies but Toyo uses a harder compound so they tend to last longer. I have had them on 2 of my Dmaxes and love them. Another key is to run nitrogen in them and rotate and balance them every 5k miles to help em last. Makes a big difference on ANY tire.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Best mud tire? Cut boggers
Longest lasting tire? OTR Trucking tires.

When y'all join them together let me know. I'll take a set

·
Registered
51 Posts
Toyo m/t for sure put 15,000 miles on mine past season and they still have lots of tread left...however i didnt have efi live last year!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts