Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to get some input on the best MODs for my LBZ. Truck is basically stock with the exception of 285 tires, donaldson blue power core air filter, and a Wix fuel and oil filter. What is going to give me the best fuel milage while still managing to haul the mail when needed? Best bang for buck?
And as far as fuel mileage...what should i realistically expect with the MOds?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
The mods in my signature would be a good place to start. I'm running around 17mpg combination. You're also gonna get told to drop the emmisions and get a bigger exhaust.

For the best mileage per $, take it easy on the skinny.

·
3521 USMC
3,633 Posts
efi live tuneing from atp truck, duramax tuner or ppe, and a downpipe back exhaust, your intake is good to go

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Get a lift pump too.

·
Coffee addict
1,831 Posts
Put on some duramaxforum stickers! Adds some major HP! :thumbb

Reactions: 407driver and Bacho

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
transgo jr and efi live from idaho Rob lift pump and intake mod

·
Registered
13,927 Posts
I suggest starting with a free flowing exhaust and then adding tuning. We have great results with the Autocal with ATP tuning. Then it depends on your intentions with the truck.

·
Registered
19,401 Posts
Exhaust
Efi live autocal
Pcv reroute
Egr blocker or delete
Air dog will offer better fuel filtration also.
The stock air filter system is fine until 500 h.p Iirc but if you do want to put one on, s and b is nice.
Get rid of the wix fuel and oil filter. They are junk imo.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Diamond eye turbo back exhaust is the best bang for your buck, it's quality exhaust at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I didn't care for the diamond eye. I thought it was a pain to install and the exit angle is poor. I would go with a flo pro if I had to do it again. Bout the same price.

·
Registered
19,401 Posts
I didn't care for the diamond eye. I thought it was a pain to install and the exit angle is poor. I would go with a flo pro if I had to do it again. Bout the same price.
Agreed 100%

I actually bought a magnaflow tailpipe piece and mated it all together.

·
3521 USMC
3,633 Posts
flo pro may fit better but its a low quality item, ive had alot of dealings with flo pro in there headers and exhaust in gassers and diesel and how it was built, the thickness of the material used it just overall looked cheap, as far as your poor exit angle what you do there is cut it back at the last bend and add a tip to it to get the 45 angle most everyone likes

another good exhaust is magnaflow, and corsa aint to bad eithier

·
Registered
52 Posts
mods in my signature...looking for some more things to increase the longevity of my duramax. she's only got 73,000 easy miles on her and i wanna see triple that over the years. let me know what i can do maintenence and upgrade wise i should look into. thanks in advance.

·
Vanned this place
8,122 Posts
mods in my signature...looking for some more things to increase the longevity of my duramax. she's only got 73,000 easy miles on her and i wanna see triple that over the years. let me know what i can do maintenence and upgrade wise i should look into. thanks in advance.
keep your fluids and filters fresh. this is coming from the guy with 389,000 on my lbz :)

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I still get goosebumps, a big poop eatin' grin, and say OH YEA!!! every time I start 'er up
now THAT is what i like to look forward to. what mods do u have done?

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
all of them!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, so I'm going to start with EFI Live and EGR blocker. What filters do you recommend since ya didn't like the WIX? Thinking about the cat filter and adapter.
Good choice? Thanks guys.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts