Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just bought a 2009 Duramax 6.6L turbodiesel. I'm still trying to figure out what it's all got installed. I have a Rough Country 6" lift with 325/60r20 tires. I know it's got an EFI 5 stage live tuner and an AirDog lift pump. I'm trying to figure out what are some good mods that won't hurt the engine in the long run. I don't have to be the fastest truck out there but I like some speed and power for off roading. I just invested $20k+ for the next six years, so I don't want to kill my engine or trans just to go fast. Any help would be great.

LHN...We ARE the Joneses
I'm trying to figure out what are some good mods that won't hurt the engine(/trans) in the long run.
You won't like it....but,
Remove the unknown tunes by an unknown tuner,
Dump the lift and oversized tires.

If you're truly looking for longevity.
If you want to play, be prepared to pay.

Premium Member
this thread has some good ideas, and until you get tunes from someone reputable (hard to find because the best are no longer doing delete tunes.

Typically the 5 tunes in a DSP5 setup go from stock in1 to race in 5. Id keep it in 1-2 until you get a known quantity in there. Look N of the border for a tuner.

That lift and tires are goig to eat yoru ball joints, not to mention stressing your entire suspension.

This thread will give you some good maintenance advice and other information:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts