Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Best mods?

3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  theunderlord 
#1 ·
i recently got an 06 duramax, it already has 4" exhaust. i dont know much about diesels so can anyone let me know of any good mods for power and smoke and get the bang for my buck.

#2 ·
Lol

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

#5 ·
Just do a search man, there's more info on this site than you need. This question, along with damn near every other question you're bound to ask, has already been asked. Or you can look at the mods in my sig and start there for keyword searches.

Also prepare for the smoke lecture from smokinlmm. Good night.

#6 ·
did you own a cummins? more smoke does not = more power? so let your buddies with cummins sit and smoke while you leave them in the dust with quality mods! i recoomend the following order. but it would help if you put your trucks stat's 2 or 4 wd, lly, lbz? in your sig we can narrow the options down!
#1 gauges
#2 sythetic fluids
#3 programer( if you dont plan on major mods a canned tuner but i regret not getting efi live from the begining it can grow with your truck)
#4 if your truck is an lly get an intake horn.
#5 forget it leave it stock you will never have enough money once you start!

#9 ·
Maybe he is talking about tire smoke guys, not black smoke???

:drink

#10 ·
its an lbz 4wd and what would programmer would anyone reccomend for power and gas mileage

#11 ·
#12 ·
what efi live is most popular because i dont know the diffrence in them?

#13 ·
#15 ·
ok thanks for the help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.