Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys about to start changing my own oil and not sure what oil to use. I was going to buy some oil at SAMS club but I don't know which one to get between the Shell Rotella T, the Rotella T4, and the Mobil Delvac 1300 Super? Any input? Thanks!

·
Registered
160 Posts
You will get mixed results with this question. I use the T4.

~Sent from my phone~

·
Registered
556 Posts
Rotella T and always have

Reactions: chev4by

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
any good heavy duty diesel oil, cause you change it every 4000 miles like me!!

·
Registered
16,262 Posts
Both are good/great oils.

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
The oil that's in your truck that's doesn't cause typewriter tick ;)
Rotellas always been good to all my diesels.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I like the basic rotella T HD, been around for a while and it just works. If I made more money I might use amsoil for everything but I don't see that happening ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Amsoil

I use Amsoil in my 2005 GMC 2500HD with their AE filter and have had great results.
Keep it clean and always change the filter with the oil.
Amsoil just came out with a improved version of their diesel oil and I am going to try it at my next oil change.

·
Premium Member
10,425 Posts
I've had no problems with Rotella.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Been running rotella t6 at 10k mile intervals, with amsoil oil filter. No problems and priced well for a full synthetic.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I recently switched to Amsoil and I'm loving it. I used to use it on my gas trucks before I moved to Hawaii and it was hard to find. Now that I'm back I've renewed my membership and the oil is very well priced.

Edit: I have 3 trucks (2500HD, Silverado SS, Suburban) and I also take care of my brother in law's vehicles (2500HD, HHR) so I buy a lot of oil. The low cost of membership pays for itself rather quickly.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
As soon as my LP5 is broken in I will only use Amsoil, it saved my last engine!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts