Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i have a stock 2006 duramax. i am going to put 7" stacks on my truck. what i want is a chip that will give me a distinct power upgrade for towing, and just crusin around. also i want to have a decent amount of smoke blowing out of my stacks. lastly the most important thing is that i need a chip that is transmission safe and will not damage my allison transmission. Thanks.

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
oh man, here we go.

Just to warn you, this is probably in the top 5 most asked questions here.

EFILive/PPE/Edge/Banks/Quad just to name a few. There will be a lot of "this worked well for me," and "whatever you do, don't use ______ ".

·
Registered
877 Posts
spend the money and get efi live or a ecm tuned with efi live.just my 02 tho

·
Registered
838 Posts
high hp levels=smoke...high hp also=dead stock trans. put in the transgo jr shift kit and buy a quad s2. you'll get exactly what your looking for.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
the ppe is a great one if your not willing to spend on efi live. just dont set the power too high.
i run mine at 220 on a stock tranny. its been 6k miles since and im pretty lead footed...
nothing wrong so far. most say not to run it that high though.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if i just run the edge juice with attitude package will i get decent smoke, good power and not damage my stock trans?....also where can i go about getting the transgo jr shift kit and efi live? can any one explain efi live and how to use it? thanks guys

·
Registered
838 Posts
Talk to jess at husker diesel. very helpful, knows his stuff:cool:

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
EFILive Web Site

it's the most customizable, tweakable tuning software out for any of the big 3 diesel trucks. (it also does many other GM vehicles)

Basically professional programmers (vendors on this site and others) take your stock computer program, tweak it, email it back to you, and you upload it to your truck.

I use Nick @ Online Catalog | DURAMAXTUNER.COM. It's pretty advanced, and it might be "more tuner than you need." but it does allow for changes to it down the road, whereas a "canned" or unchangeable tuner such as PPE/Banks/Edge does not.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
ive heard alot of bad stuff about the edge. my friend has a lb7 with the edge juice with attitude and it bearly smokes at all compared to my ppe...
plus i beat the snot out of him in a race with mine on level 3

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
Smoke isn't an indication of more power.

your PPE has a higher HP rating than the Juice, so you should beat him.

See, I told you this was how your thread was going to pan out. :D

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
im not saying that, im just saying the ppe smokes more because he is getting stacks, i personally think stacks are dumb unless it dumps alot. even if it doesnt mean anything good. im just saying since he asked about it blowing some smoke. the edge i havent seen too much smoke from..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts