Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to switch over to painted ones on my 07 classic.

Anyone had good luck with anything particular?

Thanks

·
Registered
242 Posts
I just ordered these off of amazon bought all four doors and a match for the tailgate.
Tried to post a link not smart enough. Dorman part number 80548, 80550, 80551, 80552 are the door handles for the tailgate I ordered 83365 bezel non textured and 9113 chrome latch assy. I plan on having them painted to match.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
just take off your stock ones and have them painted

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd prefer the smooth flares, not the textured ones.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
ts very easy to sand them so they are smooth

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds good, I'll talk to my painter and see if he has done any.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
GM at one time sold the flares painted. I don't think they paint them anymore, but you can still get the smooth flares through a dealer.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GM at one time sold the flares painted. I don't think they paint them anymore, but you can still get the smooth flares through a dealer.
Not an option anymore from what I've seen

·
Goin broke in style.
656 Posts
Another thing you can do if you sand for hours like me and still cant get that "grain" out of the plastic is a good high build primer. Learned this on a front bumper cover. 4-5 coats and alot of wet sanding the primer and itll be smooth as ice. Also if you end up painting remember that when painting plastic parts you have to use an adhesion promoter (cant remember the actual term lol)

·
Reign in Blood
4,553 Posts
Another thing you can do if you sand for hours like me and still cant get that "grain" out of the plastic is a good high build primer. Learned this on a front bumper cover. 4-5 coats and alot of wet sanding the primer and itll be smooth as ice. Also if you end up painting remember that when painting plastic parts you have to use an adhesion promoter (cant remember the actual term lol)
Dont listen to this guy...he changes his filter too much :rofl:poke[1]::rof

Reactions: jc8825

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Appreciate the feedback

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.