Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what recommendations any of you would have for vehicle recovery straps and bow clamps for my HD.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
I'm guessing you are talking about being pulled out of sand, mud, snow, etc. Assuming that is correct, I would buy the same rope that is used by a professional that does a TON of this work. Go to Matt's Off-Road Recovery | Official Storefront
He actually sells ropes for this purpose and once you understand what he does, how he uses the ropes, and the equipment that is used, you can buy his sponsored ropes or something very similar.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm guessing you are talking about being pulled out of sand, mud, snow, etc. Assuming that is correct, I would buy the same rope that is used by a professional that does a TON of this work. Go to Matt's Off-Road Recovery | Official Storefront
He actually sells ropes for this purpose and once you understand what he does, how he uses the ropes, and the equipment that is used, you can buy his sponsored ropes or something very similar.
Thank you

·
Registered
2021 Denali HD
208 Posts
I’ve had a Bubba Rope for years, pulled out all kind of trucks and stuff with it. Works great!

·
Super Moderator
1,360 Posts
I'm also a big fan of Matt's off-road recovery. His ropes are basically yankum except yellow. The last time I checked, Matt didn't have all the big stuff on his storefront yet. Check with yankum as well.

Edit, yes, just checked, Matt's stuff has a static rating of 6k lbs. Check out yankum rattler that has a static of 18.5k and is listed for HD trucks.

·
Premium Member
2013 GMC Denali 2500 CCSB 4x4
118 Posts
A local volunteer off-road recovery group where I used to live swears by these two outfits:

Strong Tow Strap | Slingshot Kinetic Tow Ropes | United States for recovery ropes

GearAmerica for straps and soft shackles

They have videos of themselves using the Slingshot ropes. Pretty amazing to watch a Jeep yank out a Superduty buried to the frame with one of those things.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts