Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie Question. I just bought a 2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, 6.6 LMM, Allison. I'm looking for the best service manuals. I found GM factory manuals online at Helm and eBay, but I believe they only cover LBZ, not LMM (eBay seller confirmed). I know the LBZ and LMM are very similar. Are these manuals good enough, or do I need an LMM supplement? Note: I purchased a Haynes today at Autozone and it doesn't even show a 6.6 at all.

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
I have alldatadiy and I just checked it...it does have with the duramax, but I can't tell if it is the LMM engine or not...I am pretty sure as it had just the 2500 and then the 2500 classic for 2007.

·
Fort St John BC via AK
117 Posts
curious myself

Well i have been looking myself for a good LMM manual ,problem is thats all i want.one manual that covers my duramax and one for my chassi. seems the ones i have found are pretty vague. I would like to be able to completly overhaul my engine step by step.

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
you can buy the GM ones directly. Look in the back of your owner's manual. they are $150 IIRC, but they cover everything and are the shop manuals.

·
Registered
2014 sierra 2500 HD Crew Cab, Std Box SLT 4WD Z71
92 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Yes I know, the first set I bought was in 2004 for an 03. They were $300 then. And weigh about 35 lbs.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
With an ALLDATADIY subscription, you enter your VIN# and they supply the information particular to your specific truck so you don't have to dig through a garden variety of models. options, engines, transmissions, etc. The price is quite reasonable and you get LOTS of information, albeit, on an online basis If you want a picture or diagram from the website, you have to print it at your local printer. It's great for beginners who have at least a basic scan tool and can find a DTC stored on the computer. You look up the DTC, understand what the problem could be, the parameters for setting the code, how to test to diagnose circuit vs part, etc. If you want to just look up the part that concerns you, there is a part lookup. You can get a 1-year or 5-year subscription.

There is a very similar online service called MITCHELLONLINEDIY (?) that has basically the same information but arranged differently. I have looked at that, done some investigating one website vs the other, and prefer ALLDATA.
Your preference might be different.

Reactions: BrushBuster
1 - 10 of 10 Posts