Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
There isn't any dampening in the airbags, so if your shocks are shot, the back end will still oscillate up and down after hitting a bump. I know from experience, because I have airbags and had old Rancho 9000XLs in the rear, and would bounce up and down several times after hitting a bump with my slide in bed camper in. It was great when unloaded tho. I put the camper shell specific Blistein 4600s in and now the bumps are nicely damped.

·
Registered
300 Posts
How much difference is there between the factory Rancho-labeled shocks and the RS5000X’s? I’ve got to think they’d be a small step up, and that our factory Ranchos aren’t the same thing.

·
Registered
654 Posts
How much difference is there between the factory Rancho-labeled shocks and the RS5000X’s? I’ve got to think they’d be a small step up, and that our factory Ranchos aren’t the same thing.
I really doubt they are any better than regular RS5000's, probably just mass produced inexpensive units for GM. I know Bilstein 4600's were a big step up on my 3,2000lb camper carrying truck.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Anyone recognize these red shocks that are currently on my truck? They don't appear to be stock but I can't find any make/model markings on them, except the "caution under pressure" sticker.

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
KYB MonoMax
Ok thanks. How do those compare to the Bilstein and Rancho models that have been discussed here? Or OEM for that matter? They were already on the truck when I bought it last year, so I'm not sure how many miles they have.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Ok thanks. How do those compare to the Bilstein and Rancho models that have been discussed here? Or OEM for that matter? They were already on the truck when I bought it last year, so I'm not sure how many miles they have.
Not sure; never used them, and just guessing as to what they are.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Bilsteins on three 2500HD Silverado Duramax pickups So far. Great shocks.

Reactions: MORSNO

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hope it is ok to reply here with my question:

I've leaking rear shock (gray color) on 2500HD LBZ short bed w/ 6" CST lift & 35 wheels.

I've searched DF forum and so far seems like Bilsteins 5100 or Rancho (adjustable), not sure if these are for 6" lift.
Normal use/no off-roading except for local dirt roads on a way home. I plan on towing about 10K trailer for about 3000 miles. Good timing to change shocks :cool:

What are my options?
Where to get it? Summit or Shockwarehouse,else?

·
Registered
212 Posts
@pavel_J This is a 10 year old thread. For organizational purposes and to get more replies, it would be better for you to start a new conversation for your question.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts