Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys it's time to get my wife some new tire on her 2011 nissan maxima. What are some good tires with the longest tread life? Not looking to spend a grand but don't want anything cheap either.....tire size is 245 45 18.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Michelins by far. You'll pay more but they will last longer. Continental contisport contact are also good tires and a tad cheaper.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I've looked at both of those and that's what I wanted to get her....looks like I'm goin to have to spend 1k anyway....what about some nittos or toyos are they no good....on eBay there's some for 6-700....nitto motivo is on the list

·
Reign in Blood
4,553 Posts
michelin pilot sport a/s plus

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Yeah I've looked at both of those and that's what I wanted to get her....looks like I'm goin to have to spend 1k anyway....what about some nittos or toyos are they no good....on eBay there's some for 6-700....nitto motivo is on the list

My buddy just put motivos on his TL Type S. said they're a tad loud and tramline a little even from the get go.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok guys I appreciate the input!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I just put some hankooks on the wife's mustang. Tire shop recommended them. $690.00
Installed.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Hankook Ventus V12's are great tires but directional so may want to stray away from them on a Maxima. Also had a set on one of my e46's along with Pilot Sports and ContiSportContacts.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just found a set of Goodyear Eagle RS/A. This is exactly what came stock on the car and I have 50k on them and they've been pushed (when I'm driving the car haha) $400 with 38miles on them. I can't pass this up they are $920 on tire rack! I'm going to try to get them tonight. How long will that blue and pink line stay on a set of tires?

Attachments

·
Reign in Blood
4,553 Posts
i had rs/a's on my car, didnt like the way they handled or wore.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah me either.....but for $ 400......I like it! Haha

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Money toward something on the truck!

·
Reign in Blood
4,553 Posts
their wet traction was just horrible. i could break em loose at 45 in the rain...not very safe lol

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just found a set of Goodyear Eagle RS/A. This is exactly what came stock on the car and I have 50k on them and they've been pushed (when I'm driving the car haha) $400 with 38miles on them. I can't pass this up they are $920 on tire rack! I'm going to try to get them tonight. How long will that blue and pink line stay on a set of tires?

Anyone know about the blue and pink lines?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Prolly 100 miles or so they don't stay long you can scrub them off in the wash put and rsa's are decent tires they wear decent and you can't beat that price another to look at in the future would be Goodyear assurance comfort tread touring or Nextel n5000 the nexens are quite a bit cheaper but still a good tire and the good years are about the best you can get and they ride amazing even on a low profile set up as far as nittos go I like them I have nt555r nittos on my corvette and I haven't had experience with the toyos

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I ended up buying those....I couldn't walk away from that price!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts