Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
I run Michelin LT "G" rated on my 3 horse trailer and the same ones are still on there after 5 years but I check them before every trip and after we get home. The 8 horse has Michelins as well but they are the high pressure style-- don't remember the rating. they carry 110psi but the speed rating is only 65mph. I'll stick with Michelins on all my vehicles-- except the tractor!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I finally ditched the OE circa 2016 Towmax tires on my TT today and went with the Goodyear Endurance. Got a fresh batch made last month (verified DOT date stamp before buying) so extra happy about that. Nice to move from load C to D as well. Yes, pics of tires would have been better. Thanks to this thread since it triggered me to remember to get tires done ahead of the season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Excuse me if this should have been put in tires and wheels section.

Looking for a new set of tires for my 28’ enclosed. Tandem 5200 axles. 225/75/15 load range E. Have a set of power king towmax on it now. Those were on it when I bought it so ran with them for a season. Had a bulge come up and one blow out last year with them, so I’m going to replace all of them before this year.

Tire rack lists the power kings and a Goodyear endurance in that size and weight rating in a trailer tire. Everyone have any experience with the Goodyears?

This trailer gets pulled a few times a month all summer on trips ranging anywhere from 20 mins down the road to 10+ hours away. Always keep up on air pressure and they’re covered up when the trailers sitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For that weight I’d def go with the endurance. I just put them on my 10k lb 5th wheel and they ride great. Get those “powder kegs” off immediately.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
Over the years, I've found that any trailer tire name with the words 'Power', 'Max', 'Master' or 'Tow' in it.......be afraid, be very afraid.
o_O

61 - 64 of 64 Posts