Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first real post.
I see a lot of hand held tuners on the market now. The Xcellerator for the LMM is $439.00, Power Pup $499.00 and some others in the same price range. I am looking for maybe better fuel economy and some power when towing. Does one have the advantage over the other in your experience? Are they not worth the money?
I know there are real performance ones out there for much more but I am not interested in those at this time.
Thanks...:thumbsup

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i run PPE on both of my trucks and gained roughly 4mpg on both ofem with just a prgrammer and exhaust..

·
Registered
2021 LM2 SLT
62 Posts
I bought the Diablo Preditor. I have much more power for towing, fun too. Economy stayed the same. (even on the economy setting) Exhaust is next.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. The PPE looks like the most I could hope for. Any ideas on where the best prices would be?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for the responses. The PPE looks like the most I could hope for. Any ideas on where the best prices would be?
The ppe is one of the best it does not currupt your pcm and leave a trail like bully dog. Extreme deisel is one of the best sites out there for price shopping but customer service i have had problems with them. You might pay a little more going dirrect to ppe but they are cool guys and any ? they help you out with them.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
before you do contact other PPE dealers contact one of the sponsors(the ones that support this site and make it possilbe for us to have a free membership)of this site for prices and if none ofem handle them send me a PM and i'll get some prices for ya..

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Xtreme Performance did have what seemed a good price for the PPE. I'll go with the Economy Tuner since I am not going for all out performance, just hopefully better mileage and a little more towing capacity.
Thanks...:)

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i would highly recommend spending the extra $$ and get the PPE standard tuner since it has alot more options and is upgradeable to the bigger tunes and if you ever sell it it will be worth more seeing you can upgrade it..

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll certainly take that into consideration.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
go withthe ppe not many people complain about them!!

·
Registered
423 Posts
are the tunes the same on PPE for the LLY engine?

what im tryin to say is u know how on the standard xcellerator for example, the 3 settin is 120 hp 200ftlbs

is that the same tune as the xcellerator hot at 120 hp?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just recently purchased my first diesel an 08 LMM. Just went through my first tank of trying to breakin it in and keepin it under 55. Getting 14mpg so far all city driving. I know this will go up in time and with highway usage. But im interested in a tuner since i see what kinda things are being done with them. I want to get the best economy as possible since i put on at least 15k a year on a vechile. Im looking at PPE so far since they are local to me and that i dont want to worry about any codes breaking things, warranty ect. since i cannot afford to not have a vechile one or more days. Is this a good choice and kinda mileage should i expect?

·
Registered
15 Posts
So the LMM ?

So the LMM with a ppe is the better deal? Does the dpf filter need serviced or removed before a tuner is installed? Also can that work ok with stock exhuast? Or what has to be done to run a medium tune tuner?

BTW I have a 07 LTZ LMM crew cab that is stock with 8100 miles on it..

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've had a Superchip tuner for about a month and am getting around 20mpg on the highway and about 16 in town. I also run B5, so that may affect it as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
PPE For dpf delete and exhuast?

So, I am talking with rick at PPE and he says I have to get the race tuner to do a dpf delete, so another $300 and he has a turbo back exhuast system for $500 that is made by proflow? is this the way to do this? (My truck is a 2007.5 Lmm crew cab ltz, I want more power better sound and dpf delete for better mileage and to rid of the horrible regen smells.. Most importantly i have no idea about this proflow exhuast..

Thank you
Seth

·
Registered
278 Posts
So, I am talking with rick at PPE and he says I have to get the race tuner to do a dpf delete, so another $300 and he has a turbo back exhuast system for $500 that is made by proflow? is this the way to do this? (My truck is a 2007.5 Lmm crew cab ltz, I want more power better sound and dpf delete for better mileage and to rid of the horrible regen smells.. Most importantly i have no idea about this proflow exhuast..

Thank you
Seth
Seth talk to Husker Diesel ( Site Sponsors) they are great with helping and setting you up with what you need at a great price. Besides they are close to you jump on I-80 and your there in a couple hours.

·
Vendor
3,397 Posts

Thank you
Seth
That is way too much for an exhaust. There are better options for a lot less. Give me a holler if you would like to go over them.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
This is my first real post.
I see a lot of hand held tuners on the market now. The Xcellerator for the LMM is $439.00, Power Pup $499.00 and some others in the same price range. I am looking for maybe better fuel economy and some power when towing. Does one have the advantage over the other in your experience? Are they not worth the money?
I know there are real performance ones out there for much more but I am not interested in those at this time.
Thanks...:thumbsup
It's easier to suggest if we know what you're running.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts