Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where in the proccess of buying a 2009 gmc 2500 cc and i really want this truck to be fast. Ive been looking at the fleece cheetah or the mpi twins. I would like to be able to get into the low 12s with a upgraded trans and efi tunning. Are their any others turbo's or sets of twins that could also produce these 1/4 mile times. Also what about the banks aftercooler is it worth the money or the stock one fine.

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
You can get into the 12's with a built trans, EFI Live and supporting mods on a stock turbo.

Also :welcome

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What would i have to do to be able to get into the low 12's. For the exhaust im going to do a 6 inch stack out the hood. Looked at the banks ram air intake. What fuel pumps should be used.

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
What would i have to do to be able to get into the low 12's. For the exhaust im going to do a 6 inch stack out the hood. Looked at the banks ram air intake. What fuel pumps should be used.
Hood stack? I take it this will be a straight drag truck because hood stacks are not street legal. Banks Ram air intake with the scoop is suppose to be one of the best but spendy. S&B is cheaper and is the best bang for your buck. You will need a new turbo to get into the low 12's. Airdog II is one of the best lift pumps out there.

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
Twins. Stuff is always better in pairs right? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its a 2009 gmc 2500 crew cab slt. I would like twins but if i could get into the low 12s with a single turbo upgrade i would do that. Im just trying to see whats the best way of going about this.

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
Yes twins will be easier on your motor lower EGT's and Driveline pressure. I would look into them if you can afford them. Also your truck will have to go on a diet when your at the track, loose the tailgate, back seats if you can and your spare tire to start.

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
I'm sure I'll be told otherwise if I'm wrong, but I think twins have more capability for power as well being better for DD

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
I'm sure I'll be told otherwise if I'm wrong, but I think twins have more capability for power as well being better for DD
True in away. Safer power yes more depending on the set up. Yes easier to keep them spooled and great for towing and DD.

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
True in away. Safer power yes more depending on the set up. Yes easier to keep them spooled and great for towing and DD.
I've heard nothing but good things about MPI. Fleece on the other hand supposedly is comparable to Danville, unless my sources are wrong. Danville is cheaper initially and cheaper to rebuild.

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about MPI. Fleece on the other hand supposedly is comparable to Danville, unless my sources are wrong. Danville is cheaper initially and cheaper to rebuild.
You have heard right on all of it.

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
Before you pull the trigger on anything try looking up other brands. MPI, BD, Bogg Warner, Danville, HTT or what ever it is. There are many more choices than the Fleece. Other on the forum have dealt with all of them and have their opinions and facts to back them up. They've been tested so see what others recommend. These guys know what they are talking about

·
Registered
13,927 Posts
Where in the proccess of buying a 2009 gmc 2500 cc and i really want this truck to be fast. Ive been looking at the fleece cheetah or the mpi twins. I would like to be able to get into the low 12s with a upgraded trans and efi tunning. Are their any others turbo's or sets of twins that could also produce these 1/4 mile times. Also what about the banks aftercooler is it worth the money or the stock one fine.
Give me a shout if you would like to talk about some of the options above. We have set-up a couple Lmm's with various turbo set-ups. The II twin kit is our most popular.

Tyler
MPF

·
Registered
339 Posts
Twins are expensive but very nice. Even if you install twins on your LMM you will not get the most out of them becuase the stock LMM charger is a restrictive pos in my book. If you start with a nicely upgraded stock charger you can kill two birds with one stone. JT ran 11.93 with a DP 2.6 stg2 and supporting bolt ons and would be even better in a twins setup like MPI's. Fix the base of the problem and the rest will fall into place.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
McRat did set a world record of 11.77 ET at 114 MPH on an HTT Promax kit...

seen them sell for around 2600-2700 bucks...

but I'm sure there was of man hours in the tuning on it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
? Is this truck new or used. If used how many miles are on it?

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
im curious how your doing a hood stack? hood stacks are hard on our trucks cause of where the turbo is

1 - 20 of 33 Posts