Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
14,205 Posts
man can i get a job where you are working? Must be nice to buy a all but new truck and drop 10k in it rate away.

I would go with MPI twins i have never heard enything bad about there kits but there are alot of things you need before twins Lift pump, Intercooler, EFI, head studs, internals, Stage 5 trans, man the list goes on and on and on. let me know how long your Dmax holds on if you dont build it before you start pushing 60psi or more boost.
u dont need intercooler u dont need head studs, you dont need interals, you dont need stage 5 trans
all you will need if u get twins is a stage IV or stage III trans, lift pump, guages, efi, exhaust,tie rods, and thats all really

· Registered
14,205 Posts
well everybody does thing different but theres no way i would drop that much money on a set of twins and then tune them down so my stock truck would last. our trucks are good for about 50 55psi of boost without head studs and a good set of twins are capable of more then that so why buy them if your going to tame them. If you go making passes at the track without upgrading your interals and you arent a pro with tuning its a matter of time befor your ride is geting towed to the local shop.
rob can tune twins to make your motor last he is pushing 677 HP on stock internals with twins
i think thats a nice DD right there

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.