Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to delete my egr??? I want to take it all out but i cant find any kits to buy should i just make my own block off plates?

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
you will need either an lb7 up pipe and some barb hose ends with some 5/8s heat hose, or you can take your up pipe cut it and weld it, then make a block off plate for the egr motor, or you can just order a egr blocker plate and a tuner to turn the codes off

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can i turn it off with the Banks IQ?

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
No banks is pro emissions

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
rick lance makes a delete pipe and creatures of the night performance make one also. but like said before your still going to need to tuner to shut off the EGR codes

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So ill just have to live with the code until i get efi live?

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
no the PPE and quad s2 and a few others will block the code

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
no the PPE and quad s2 and a few others will block the code
Ditto! I have been thinking about deleting mine aswell. I have been told it is a PAIN to do, and will take a day or so. Another thing is you need a support if you remove the EGR motor too. The EGR motor supports __________. I forget what goes in the blank but it supports something! LoL

Jon

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
i deleted mine. no more cooler valve and motor. took about 3 hrs

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
i deleted mine. no more cooler valve and motor. took about 3 hrs
WoW! Alot quicker than i heard of. Now i am definetly going to do this sooner! For all of our knowledge what does this roughly cost?

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
well if you get a pipe from rick lance it will cost about 300 bucks

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
it deff doesnt take all day unless you re going to install the LB7 up pipe. cause then you have to take off the down pipe to get the 3 bolts off the turbo, which them would be a good time to get a new dow pipe

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
I make a delete plate that is pretty reasonable. It supports the intake tube just like the egr did. From there I make a new tube with support for a little more flow, and then I make a complete 3" bridge kit for the all out guys.

I also make a cap that blocks the factory exhaust riser and supports it. All can be found on my site.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
rick nice work. has the 3" intake been proven to show better numbers and higher rates?

·
Registered
2,379 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
out of curiosity...why?
If you read my prior posts. I have been researching it for a while. This next statement may sound funny coming from a guy with a 8" lift, 20's and 37's but every pound counts. I am planning on racing it a few times this spring with out the big wheels and tires. I currently have removed tons of weight. I have removed spare tire, spare tire winch, couple feet of exhaust, rear bumper (due to damage), winch, toolbox, brush guard, backseat, system, and gooseneck hitch. My goal is to get 12.8's. On stock sized tires with the weight reductions. I have a few more things i want to remove as well. Sorry for the long post to answer a 1 word question.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I make a delete plate that is pretty reasonable. It supports the intake tube just like the egr did. From there I make a new tube with support for a little more flow, and then I make a complete 3" bridge kit for the all out guys.

I also make a cap that blocks the factory exhaust riser and supports it. All can be found on my site.
I knew it supported something i just couldn't remember what! Thanks for the clerification Rick!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.