Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500hd LML 6.6
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone this is my first time posting so bear with me. Now I got a 13 LML and I have a 3.5 inch suspension lift in her but I have an issue. The issue is that my 33s I run on my 20x12 tis rims rub very badly. I don’t know if anyone here has found a way to combat this problem by not jacking their truck 6 inches in the air. I like the height the trucks at now so I’d like to avoid that at all costs. Any suggestions out there or?

· Registered
1,320 Posts
A 33 inch tire shouldn't be that hard to fit. I ran a 34" tire on my LMM with just a few turns on the torsion key bolts. Wheel offset plays a huge role on what will fit without rubbing.

· Registered
1,239 Posts
Yep 33's are easy unless you got a decent offset. Do the Nor Cal mod and trim the rear of the front fender. Front valence (and bumper if need) is easy to do. Those TIS rims have a hefty offset so that likely is your issue. I am running Motometal 20x10's and a 35x11.5x20 with a level kit on my 2010. Pulled back my fender wells with zip ties, and trimmed the rear of the fender as i said. Zero rub.

Had 35x12.5x20 on an offset 12" rim like that on my 2008 GMC 2500 with 6" lift, and it rubbed slightly on the rear of the fender. It was the offset that created that situation.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep 33's are easy unless you got a decent offset. Do the Nor Cal mod and trim the rear of the front fender. Front valence (and bumper if need) is easy to do. Those TIS rims have a hefty offset so that likely is your issue. I am running Motometal 20x10's and a 35x11.5x20 with a level kit on my 2010. Pulled back my fender wells with zip ties, and trimmed the rear of the fender as i said. Zero rub.

Had 35x12.5x20 on an offset 12" rim like that on my 2008 GMC 2500 with 6" lift, and it rubbed slightly on the rear of the fender. It was the offset that created that situation.

Yea that’s what I was thinking I might have to do. Don’t like the thought of cutting my truck up Tho😂😂 appreciate the response my guy

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you rubbing front or rear? What 3.5 lift do you have? Pics?
Just the rear part of the fender and that’s why it makes the most sense to prob do that cut mod on it. I know I’ll get hate for this but it’s a rough country 3.5 inch suspension lift. Cranks the keys and adds blocks in the back. Comes with upgraded upper control arms and a dif drop with spacers to improve angles.

· Registered
1,239 Posts
No hate from here on RC. I've had great luck with a Rough Country 6" torsion drop lift on my 2008. You only read about the horror stories...but these lifts are also only as good as the installer (installed myself). RC shocks didn't last a year or so before i went bilstein though.
my 2010 has a level kit no clue what brand, was done prior. Hate how it maxes out my upper control arm but is what it is for now. Soon as kids legs are a bit longer, i'll be 6" full lift.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.