Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a heads up for anyone considering a performance programmer for their truck. I bought a Superchips Flashpaq, but never got as far as plugging the into my truck. Started out by trying to update it online. There was a chance it didn't come with latest program and wanted to be sure. (It was bought from a dealer.)

Well, the update software on the Superchips site kept giving me an error. Superchips tech support was not much help. I tried to run it on 3 DIFFERENT PC's and got the same error. Mr. Don White with Superchips finally authorized return of the unit, saying they would reimburse me for my shipping. I considered waiting the 2 weeks he said it would probably take them to correct the problem, but I decided not to trust a group of programmers to modify my truck's computer if they couldn't even write a simple script to run a firmware upgrade.

After bugging them for 2 weeks, a check finally showed up, but it did NOT include shipping. They even deducted the shipping from the dealer to me! The fact is, I should be billing them for MY TIME spent trying to make it work and for dealing with their lousy tech support.

This unit was bought on June 11, 2007. It's over 6 weeks and I still do not have satisfaction. Mr. Don White initially sent me an email with the URL to a Microsoft update (I did not need but ran anyway). Since then, I have sent him 11 emails asking questions. He has sent me 3 replies. I called 4 times and he called back once, AFTER I requested the CS Mgr call back.

Two weeks later (7/25/07) I finally heard from their Customer Service Manager, Randy Stone, who tells me they will NOT refund shipping costs (either way) but only the purchase price, per-shipping. Basically he said I didn’t give them a chance to fix the problem. I’ll be glad to furnish all the gory details if anyone wants them.

I ended up getting the Hypertech programmer and it has worked beautifully. They handle updates by your returning the hand-held unit to their factory.

·
Registered
699 Posts
hows the hypertech workin for ya, the dealer blammed my hyper tech for crackin the block on my 02 8.1 but that truck went through a lot too. i would like to take the 96 mph limit off of my lbz but i don't wan't to do any kinda programin yet, any ideas

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hows the hypertech workin for ya, the dealer blammed my hyper tech for crackin the block on my 02 8.1 but that truck went through a lot too. i would like to take the 96 mph limit off of my lbz but i don't wan't to do any kinda programin yet, any ideas
In my experience, car/truck dealers are always looking for something to blame any vehicle problems on except the mfr's design or their own shoddy work.

Hypertech has increased power significantly -- especially response time and accelleration. It's improved fuel economy about 5% when I keep my foot out of it. It does allow you to reset the top speed if you have speed-rated tires, but mine are load rated so I decided not to go there.:cool

My speedo is now within 1 mph from 50 - 80, compared to GPS unit. (I don't like to watch the GPS above 80.) I was able to tweak the speedo correction until it was exact at 65 mph.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear about that. I have had zero issues with mine including running the updates. I don't know squat about writing scripts or even what that really is! Glad to hear the Hypertech is working out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear about that. I have had zero issues with mine including running the updates. I don't know squat about writing scripts or even what that really is! Glad to hear the Hypertech is working out.
Same here....zero problems with tuner or update downloads...????? Have heard of others who have had problems, but it had to do with conflicting computer crap of which I have zero experience with....Superchips tech has always been extremely responsive also.....:rockin

Wish I could offer you some help.

Rickster

1 - 5 of 5 Posts