Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone have BF Goodrich AT tires. They are really nice but we was just wondering if they are quite or if they make alot of noise. Thanks

Well here it is with these awesome tires

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I have them....they are pretty quiet on the highway. They were an improvement over stock tires too. I have 285/75-16 on my truck. If you are looking at buying tires, go with at least the 265s...there will be no fitment problems and the ride should improve over stock.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
the bfg's are a good tire but for the money there are better ones avalible for starters the toyo's are a hard one to beat but if you want a good one for the money check out the Mastercraft Courser A/T.. Mastercraft - Light Truck Tires

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we usually go with Michelin LTX MS tires. They are awesome but the look kinda plain. So with stock rims what is the best size of tires to go with?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I would go with 265/75-16 if you do not want to trim or make any adjustment to your suspension in the front. You speedo might even be right on or barely affected.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok thanks. maybe that size will fill the fenders a little better. stock tires just look little. Thanks guys.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
They do, I have a friend that put them on his truck.....it looks more like a truck. I am kinda partial to the 285, but that does require some adjustment and trimming to make them fit even on stock rims.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i would love to have a picture of a truck with these tires.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I will see what I can do about a picture. In the meantime, here's one of mine with 285s on stock wheels:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I put the 285 75 16 BFG at's on my 07' Looks great and the ride is a bit better.
I did have to turn the t-bars up in the front. Also the BFG load range D's are rated to hold more lbs. per tire over the stock E's

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
hey diesel the 265-75R16 will fill the wheel well up real nice with out having to do any trimming but if you want the best 4X4 look go with the 285-75R16 but you'll have to turn the T/Bars up a bit and do some trimming.. if possible stay with a LR E(10ply)but if you don't plan on hauling much you can go with a LR D(8ply)..just some of my thoughts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
we dont haul alot. we pull a gooseneck maybe 10 time a year. Its around 14k. So we mite go with the 10ply tires.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
we dont haul alot. we pull a gooseneck maybe 10 time a year. Its around 14k. So we mite go with the 10ply tires.
that would be a good idea..good luck to ya

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We got some put on yesterday. All I have to say is WOW. It totally changed how the truck looks.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nothing at all. We went with the 265/75 size. It fills the fenders much better that I thought they would. They look great. I got some pictures that i need to post. I may get them on here tonight.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had 285 bfg a/t's on my 2000 6.0 with stock rims. They are awsome tires, easy 50k tires! Not loud, and the 285's fit with no triming or rubbing.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
39 Posts
I will see what I can do about a picture. In the meantime, here's one of mine with 285s on stock wheels:
I see you now have 305's!
Im trying to decide between 285's & 305's on my stock rims, I have a 3" body lift due to my wheelchair lift...are thier pro's & con's between the 2, mpg, ride, wear, ect..watcha think??
IMG_2067.jpg

1 - 20 of 47 Posts