Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
I looked them up.

They look great. Too bad these weren't available then.

I would buy the new DTs

Reactions: C-130JSuperHerk

·
Registered
511 Posts
That store link you shared wants 344 a tire. Discount and discount price the DTs the Sam as the normal KO2s at 250 each.

You have to dig through all their bfg tires to find the DTs

Here are the 275/70/18s

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-tires/bfgoodrich-all-terrain-t-a-ko2-dt/p/37548

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
well my ad beats them by a dollar.:wink2:I posted about 20's,,thats what I have.My azz is gonna hurt buying them.

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-tires/bfgoodrich-all-terrain-t-a-ko2-dt/p/37550

·
Registered
596 Posts
Curious to see how these work out for people. I couldn't get more than 35k miles out of a set of normal KO2s and I don't tow nearly as much as some these guys.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm in the market for tires within the next month or so. The K02s were on my list but poor treadlife on diesels and no option without raised whites knocked them off the list. I found the KO2 DTs during my search. I'd be apt to try them but I don't want to run the white lettering on the inside. I'd rather not have it at all.

Anyone know if these can be purchased black sidewall? I only see raised whites in the pics.

I have been leaning toward Ridge Grapplers. I have +50K on the stock Duratrac's and would go back to them if it weren't for the noticeable sidewall squirm.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I'm in the market for tires within the next month or so. The K02s were on my list but poor treadlife on diesels and no option without raised whites knocked them off the list. I found the KO2 DTs during my search. I'd be apt to try them but I don't want to run the white lettering on the inside. I'd rather not have it at all.

Anyone know if these can be purchased black sidewall? I only see raised whites in the pics.

I have been leaning toward Ridge Grapplers. I have +50K on the stock Duratrac's and would go back to them if it weren't for the noticeable sidewall squirm.

I don’t know. Let us know if you find out. I won’t avoid running them whites turned in but I’m stock suspension, so you won’t ever see anything.

Reactions: drzoo2

·
Registered
260 Posts
Still amazed at how the manufacturer ignores the fact that most consumers do not want white sidewalls.

Daytona, sure! Offroad rally races, great!

Everyday guy with normal use on his personal truck? No

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Can’t find much experience online with the BFG A/T KO2 DT (Different Tread for high torque application).

Seems like everyone is scared to try them.

If you have the new DT with the 50k mileage warranty please post here with feedback on how they are doing for you.

I tow a 14,000 pound 5th wheel and I’m looking for a good AT tire that has some life in the tread.

If nothing else, I’ll be the test dummy in a few months and let y’all know how they work...in Texas...no snow

Ok guys. I pulled the trigger and bought some of the new AT KO2 DT tires. 50k warranty and a pretty good payload upgrade over my stock E rated tires. Went 275/70/18 since I can’t level my truck (tow a pretty heavy fifth wheel)

IMG_1832.jpg IMG_1833.jpg

·
Registered
511 Posts
these tires will be what I'm looking at come the fall.report back,waiting on your feed back.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
these tires will be what I'm looking at come the fall.report back,waiting on your feed back.

Initial report is they ride nice. Don’t feel too soft like new tires usually do (squirmy)...good sign that the tread really is harder compound on these.

Also, -4 highway MPG, but that was expected because they are a lot heavier than those stock 265 radials.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Still amazed at how the manufacturer ignores the fact that most consumers do not want white sidewalls.

Daytona, sure! Offroad rally races, great!

Everyday guy with normal use on his personal truck? No

To let you know? They asked me if I wanted black or white lettering. I used to think they just put the whites on the inside of you wanted black, but there seems to be two item numbers for them, so I think they make both....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Same here. BFG AT KO2 DT, 275/70/18. For the whopping 15 miles I've put on them since yesterday, I like the ride. Smoother/softer than my worn-out stock Michelins, but then any new tire would have felt better than bald tires. Those Michelins from the dealer only lasted 27K, ludicrous.

Some before/after. pics. I really want to level the front, but not sure it's a good idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Coming from Mickey Thompson ATZ P3s to current BFG KO2s I do like the fact they are quieter and ride a little smoother. Both tires have great traction. I got just over 40k on the Mickeys and am at just over 20K on the BFGs and I dont think they will make 40K. If the BFGs can make 35K I would still buy again over the Mickeys.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Coming from Mickey Thompson ATZ P3s to current BFG KO2s I do like the fact they are quieter and ride a little smoother. Both tires have great traction. I got just over 40k on the Mickeys and am at just over 20K on the BFGs and I dont think they will make 40K. If the BFGs can make 35K I would still buy again over the Mickeys.
About 20% of my miles are pulling a 12K lb 5er. Rest are unloaded mostly around town. 305/55/20. This new harder DT compound would interest me if available in that size

·
Vendor
620 Posts
Same here. BFG AT KO2 DT, 275/70/18. For the whopping 15 miles I've put on them since yesterday, I like the ride. Smoother/softer than my worn-out stock Michelins, but then any new tire would have felt better than bald tires. Those Michelins from the dealer only lasted 27K, ludicrous.

Some before/after. pics. I really want to level the front, but not sure it's a good idea.
Go up 1-2 inches with upper control arms and it will still ride good, if you want it completely level also add a drop shackle on the rear.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

Did you get the DT version for “high torque applications” and. A 50k warrantee?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I have been driving on them for a few weeks. They look great....lost about 3-4 mpg on the highway at 75mph (expected with a heavier AT tire) and at first I was very unhappy because they were extremely “unstable” ...

Discount tire said the aired them up to the door jam settings and man are they squirmy and bouncy....almost scary in a turn with a bump at highway speed

I have been doing the chalk test and upping the pressure. I think I got it dialed in with about 77 in the front and 67 in the rear (unloaded). That is giving me a flat footprint across the whole tread to ensure even wear. More importantly, they now ride solid and I’m not bouncing all over the place and feel much safer at highway speed.

Funny how the door jam lists the fronts at 65 and the rear at 70 for the stock tires, but I’m ending up with more pressure in the fronts unloaded. I guess the door jam has to put enough in the tears to handle your max cargo weight.....

I air them all up to max psi before I haul my heavy toyhauler, but I’ll use the 77/67 when not towing

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
WAY too much air unloaded... Give em a few hundred miles and the squirmyness will clear up. If your coming from factory street tires its going to feel different. Your over compensating with to much air and a stiff azz ride

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
WAY too much air unloaded... Give em a few hundred miles and the squirmyness will clear up. If your coming from factory street tires its going to feel different. Your over compensating with to much air and a stiff azz ride

I’ll probably test them again soon, but for wear sake, I’m more concerned with wear patterns and a flat foot print than stiffness

·
Registered
345 Posts
Bfg ko2

I just bought a set of 285 65 20 BFG KO2s DT. Brand new Fuel Revolver wheels. Had them mounted, balanced, and a wheel alignment. I have now been to 3 different tire shops trying to get them to balance out. Last shop was Discount tire. They had the " Hunter Road Force Balance machine". The employees seemed very knowledgeable, (to my surprise) and eager to do a quality job. First thing, tested the wheels to see where they were starting at. All wheels were out of balance. They pulled all weights and started over. "Road Forced" them and matched high spot on tire with low spot on wheel. Rebalanced tires and put the least amount of weight on these tires yet. Second shop I went to had over a pound of weight on the wheel with hammer on, and stick on weights. I got away with five and a half, to seven ounces per wheel from Discount tire. I left Discount tire only to find the tires still shake the truck at about 45MPH on up. All three shops told me These BFG KO2s are notorious for these problems. I called Fuel Wheel, maybe they had an answer. They asked what tire I mounted. I told them BFGs. They asked KO2s? I said yes. There answer was the KO2s are your problem.
I have about 200 miles on them and hate them. This is my third set of KO2s on this truck. The others had no issues. I have been running BFGs sense the mid 80s, never had this problem.
I'm sure 4 wheel parts is going to say "well you mounted and used them. There is nothing we can do. They are used tires, we can't resell them".

·
Registered
670 Posts
That’s interesting. I have had 4 sets of KO2s and never had an issue with balancing them. I switched to the Goodyear ultra terrains 6 months ago but will probably go back to the KO2 when I need new tires.

Could it be the rims maybe ???

21 - 40 of 51 Posts