Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want a good tires for all year long but want it to last. i love the BFG but i have seen some people with the Duratrac's and they look sick! what kind of mileage are you guys seeing out of the Duratracs? i know with the BFG's they tell you you should expect 50,000?

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
I don't think too many will know how many miles they get out of the Duratrac's they only came out around the beginning of winter so I don't think too many people have been able to put too many miles on them. But I do like the way they look and if I didn't get a deal on my BFG's I was going with them.

·
Registered
794 Posts
You are talking about GY duratrac right. I about got some until I read some reviews. Some were good, but looked and the good reviews were guys with 1/2t's. The bad reviews were guys with 3/4 1 ton's said they washed all over the place to the point the thought something was wrong with their suspension. I haul to much to have that kind instability. I chickened out. Good luck, if you try'em post up results

·
Registered
807 Posts
I've had nothing but issues with my GY and will never buy another again for a 3/4t.. They were no problems on the 1/2t.... Stick with BFG, NITTO, TOYO... they are your best bet for a good ride

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah im thinking ill get the BFG A/Ts then. i was looking at the nittos but havent looked around mush to see how good they are. i want a tire to last a long time but still have the agressive look. the only time i go off road is in the winter to snowmobile

·
Registered
48 Posts
The Duratracs were one of my top tire choices... until I saw a set in the Goodyear store. I was able to bend and flex the sidewall with three fingers. Then I walked over to the MTR and couldn't move it at all. I did not feel comfortable at all putting the Duratrac on a 2500. And I don't even tow heavy.

Not knocking anybody's choice at all because I like the tire and the tread design. Just wish the sidewall was more substantial.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I had the GY on my truck for 2 days then went to the BFG. Flex in the sidewall!!! I dont tow anything either.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I had the GY on my truck for 2 days then went to the BFG. Flex in the sidewall!!! I dont tow anything either.
what are you guys smoking? its an e rated tire... I had 20 inch rockstars on my duratracs and couldnt get the sidewall to flex... damn internet bandwagons.

I had my 285/60s for 5k miles. tires wore great, very minimal noise (quietest mud tire ive seen) and they hooked great in mud/sand. concrete they were a bit questionable and they didnt like the rain. 8 out of 10 i would say on the duratracs.

they balanaced great too, 2.5 ounces was the most and that was only on one tire. two took less than a half ounce. as much as i hate goodyear tires they did a pretty good job with the dirtytracs.

·
Registered
48 Posts
what are you guys smoking? its an e rated tire... I had 20 inch rockstars on my duratracs and couldnt get the sidewall to flex... damn internet bandwagons.

I had my 285/60s for 5k miles. tires wore great, very minimal noise (quietest mud tire ive seen) and they hooked great in mud/sand. concrete they were a bit questionable and they didnt like the rain. 8 out of 10 i would say on the duratracs.

they balanaced great too, 2.5 ounces was the most and that was only on one tire. two took less than a half ounce. as much as i hate goodyear tires they did a pretty good job with the dirtytracs.
I am certainly not a tire expert by any means, just reporting what I saw when I got a chance to look at the tire in person.

Just wondering, why did you only run them such a short time?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I am certainly not a tire expert by any means, just reporting what I saw when I got a chance to look at the tire in person.

Just wondering, why did you only run them such a short time?
different priorities. screw the sand/mud i only do it once or twice a year. concrete is my new thing.

·
Registered
546 Posts
BFG A/T all the way! If 95% of your driving is on the pavement like most of us than you might want to consider the Michelin A/T. Awesome mileage and they wear without cupping and dipping.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts